Ducan Diet Phase 2 Menu
The Ducan Diet is one of the most popular copyright weight loss programs today. By adhering to this weight loss system, it is possible to get rid of 10-20 kg in a short time. Cruise is the longest phase of the diet. During this period, it is allowed to alternate protein foods with vegetables and a number of other food products. Therefore, transferring the "cruise" phase is not too difficult for a losing weight. The alternation pattern can look different, which largely depends on the preferences of the person himself. Possible options: 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 5/5.
- Duration of phase 2 "cruise"
- The cruise phase principle
- Permitted products for the cruise phase
- Prohibited foods for the cruise phase
- 7 days menu for the "cruise" phase
- Breakdown in the "cruise" phase
- Weight stands still: reasons
Duration of phase 2 "cruise"
At the end of the cruise phase, the weight that is considered ideal will be achieved. It can be calculated if you go to the official website of Ducan. There is also a weight loss chart. If we consider the average figure, then the average rate of weight loss is about 1 kg per week. This is a pretty good indicator, especially considering that you have been gaining kilograms all your life.
It takes about 60-75 days to get rid of 10 kg of excess weight. However, do not forget about the individual characteristics of the organism. There may be periods of "stopping" weight, when it practically does not decrease, or weight loss occurs very slowly. You should not despair and panic, as this process is quite natural.
The cruise phase principle
You can alternate products during the cruise phase according to different patterns, for example, 1/1, 2/2 and even 5/5. This is practically not reflected in the final result. However, the 5/5 scheme chosen is considered longer and more tedious. Therefore, even the author of the technique himself recommends that his followers choose the 1/1 scheme, constantly alternating protein days with protein-vegetable days. Some people who lose weight stop at the 2/2 scheme, since in this case it will be easier to compose the menu, and the cooking process will not start to tire.
Dukan also proposes to lose weight in the "cruise" phase according to the 2/5 scheme (Monday and Thursday are protein days, and the rest are protein-vegetable days) and according to the 2/0 scheme (two protein days and two days without a diet). In the first case, it will be possible to get rid of only a couple of extra pounds. The second option is more suitable for those people whose fat deposits are located mainly on the hips, and whose face, bust and shoulders are thin. With a 2/0 rhythm, you can get pretty good results for the lower body.
Permitted products for the cruise phase
The cruise phase involves the use of the following foods:
- Cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Cabbage and salad.
- Green beans.
It is allowed to include carrots and beets in the menu, but they need to be consumed in limited quantities.
- Pasta containing 0 kcal (shirataki noodles).
- No more than 2 tablespoons of bran per day.
- Soy yogurt or fat-free yoghurt.
- Skimmed milk.
- Coffee and tea.
- Low-fat meat.
- Seafood: crustaceans, shellfish, etc.
You can also diversify your menu with some other products that are not prohibited in the "cruise" phase, but you need to use them in limited quantities:
- Soy flour - no more than 20 g.
- Ketchup - no more than 1 tbsp. l.
- Yogurt with fruit pieces but no fat.
Corn starch - no more than 20 g.
- Yogurt with a fat content of 3% - no more than 30 g.
- Cheese with a fat content of 7% - no more than 30 g.
- Poultry sausage - no more than 100 g.
- Rhubarb and sorrel - no more than 100 g.
- Soy sauce - no more than 5 g.
- Cocoa without added sugar (fat content 11%) - no more than 7 g.
You are allowed to eat no more than 2 additional foods from the list per day.
You can also use salt, spices, vinegar, mustard, gelatin, yeast during cooking. It is allowed to add citrus zest and baking powder, bouillon cubes, which have zero calories. You can enhance the taste of food with flavorings and sweeteners.
Prohibited foods for the cruise phase
Products such as the following are strictly prohibited during the cruise phase:
- Root vegetables containing starch such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.
- Butter and vegetable oil.
- Peas, lentils.
- Cereals: rice, corn, etc.
- Wild animal meat.
7 days menu for the "cruise" phase
Monday: protein and vegetable day
- Breakfast: chicken egg
- Lunch: stewed cabbage, sausage without fat
- Afternoon snack: tea with two "live sweets"
- Dinner: chicken nuggets and cucumber salad
Tuesday: protein day
- Breakfast: cottage cheese
- Lunch: baked trout with cherry tomatoes
- Afternoon snack: vinaigrette
- Dinner: chicken broth, Ducan flatbread
Wednesday: protein-vegetable day
- Breakfast: cottage cheese casserole 1/2 part
- Lunch: fish meatballs, cabbage salad
- Afternoon snack: Ducan profiteroles, tea
- Dinner: two sausages, sweet pepper, tea
Thursday: protein day
- Breakfast: egg
- Lunch: chicken fillet pancakes, kefir
Afternoon snack: Dukan flatbread and a piece of cheese
- Dinner: mushroom puree soup
Friday: protein and vegetable day
- Breakfast: protein omelet, lettuce
- Lunch: boiled chicken breast, beet salad with yogurt dressing
- Afternoon snack: cottage cheese casserole, tea
- Dinner: vinaigrette, sausage
Saturday: protein day
- Breakfast: egg
- Lunch: chicken cutlets, Ducan flatbread
- Afternoon snack: crab sticks, mint tea
- Dinner: fish soup
Sunday: protein and vegetable day
Breakfast: cottage cheese
- Lunch: tomato puree soup, fish, baked in the oven
- Afternoon snack: green tea, Ducan profiteroles
- Dinner: boiled turkey fillet, baked eggplant
Breakdown in the "cruise" phase
No matter how strong a person's will is, almost no one is immune from breakdown.
If this happened, then you must adhere to the following tactics, which will correct the situation:
- After the breakdown, the next two days must be purely protein.
Salt in the diet should be limited to a minimum, which will allow not to retain excess water in the body.
- You should drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
- You need to spend more time resting at night than usual.
- It is necessary to devote at least an hour a day to hiking.
Weight stands still: reasons
Sometimes it happens that a person adheres to the Ducan diet, but the weight stays in one place.
To fix the situation, you need to understand why this is happening:
It is possible that water-rich vegetables are eaten. The weight stands still due to the fact that it is the fluid that is retained in the cells, and not the fat. To remedy this situation, you can try to reduce the amount of salt consumed. If the reason is determined correctly, then during the protein days the weight will definitely go away.
- 65% of women put on weight before their next period. This is a physiological process, the increase occurs due to the accumulation of fluid in the tissues. Therefore, for the result to be noticeable, you need to limit the use of water and salt. You do not need to deviate from the planned diet plan.
- If little fluid enters the body, the liver will start working to replenish its reserves, but metabolic processes, on the contrary, will slow down. Accordingly, weight loss will be less intense. Therefore, you need to drink water in the recommended amounts.
- Sometimes the weight "rises" due to the fact that a person begins to abuse additional food. To rectify the situation, they need to be abandoned for a few days altogether. You can start diluting the dishes in the next period, but very limited.
When a person consumes too little food, the body begins to store for future use. As a result, fats are not burned, but accumulated.
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
Education: Diploma of the Russian State Medical University named after NI Pirogov with a degree in General Medicine (2004). Residency at Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, diploma in Endocrinology (2006).
Popular by topic
Heartburn - Causes And Symptoms Of Heartburn In The Throat After Eating. Diet, What To Do With Severe Heartburn?
What are the causes and symptoms of heartburn?Description of the diseaseContent:Heartburn CausesHeartburn TriggersHeartburn after every mealHeartburn and stomach painFeeling of heartburn in the throatHow to get rid of heartburn?What to do with severe heartburn?
Enlarged liver - what to do?Content:What does an enlarged liver mean?Reasons for an enlarged liverLiver enlargement symptomsEnlarged liver in a childDiet with an enlarged liverAn approximate menu for a week with an enlarged liverLiver enlargement treatmentAt the first signs of an enlarged liver, it is necessary, first of all, to identify the cause or disease
Cyst Of The Right And Left Lobe Of The Liver - Causes, Symptoms, Diet And Treatment Of Liver Cysts, What To Do?
Causes, symptoms and treatment of liver cystsContent:Signs and symptoms of liver cystsCauses of liver cystsLiver cyst treatmentRemoval of liver cysts (surgery)Diet (nutrition) with a liver cystA liver cyst is a newly formed pathological cavity in the liver with a wall and contents in the form of a clear liquid or jelly-like mass of yellow-green color
Nonspecific ulcerative colitisContent:What is ulcerative colitis?Ulcerative colitis symptomsCauses of ulcerative colitisForms of ulcerative colitisDiagnostics of the ulcerative colitisThe consequences of ulcerative colitisTreatment of ulcerative colitis of the intestineDiet and nutrition for ulcerative colitisWhat is ulcerative colitis?
Reviews and results of the Ducan dietThe Ducan diet is an extremely effective weight loss technique. This is confirmed by numerous reviews of people who have tried it on themselves. The diet allows you to get rid of extra pounds, become slimmer