Ducan Diet Phase 4 Menu
The fourth phase of the Ducan diet is the last. However, you need to understand that it is not limited in time. After all, it is important not only to get rid of excess weight, but also to continue to eat properly so that the kilograms do not come back.
The fourth phase is called “stabilization”. It must firmly enter a person's life and radically change his eating behavior. That is why, before starting to lose weight using the Ducan system, you need to evaluate your own capabilities in advance.
- Rules and principles of the 4th phase "stabilization"
- 100 products according to Ducan
- 7-day menu for the "stabilization" phase
Rules and principles of the 4th phase "stabilization"
The "stabilization" phase does not imply any hard restrictions in the menu. They certainly exist, but there are not so many of them. You will need to adhere to these rules throughout your life. This will make it possible to maintain a slim and attractive figure, maintain normal health and not gain excess weight.
So, the basic rules of the fourth phase of the Ducan diet:
- Overeating is strictly prohibited. You need to eat only in order to get enough, gluttony is prohibited.
- Physical activity cannot be neglected. They should be regular.
- Once a week, you need to do a fasting day on protein products. This will help you shed excess weight and excess fluid. The author of the program recommends unloading on Thursdays.
- Be sure to drink at least 2 liters of water per day.
Returning to a familiar menu should be smooth and gradual. This also applies to the size of the portions and the variety of the food set. It is important to give up the use of those products that Ducan considers prohibited.
Basic principles to be followed during the fourth stage:
Vegetables are allowed to be eaten in almost unlimited quantities.
- A serving of fruit can be eaten once a day. A serving is 1 large fruit (such as an apple or pear).
- Sugar and fructose are prohibited. By the time a person reaches phase 4, he should already wean from sweet dishes and never return to them.
- Only hard cheese should be chosen. You should give up cheese based on goat's milk and blue cheeses.
- Bran should be eaten every day. The daily rate is 3 tablespoons.
- Lean meat should be chosen; it should not be eaten in unlimited quantities. The main emphasis should be on foods rich in fiber and protein.
- You should eat at least 2 slices of bread a day, which is made from wholemeal rye flour.
Starchy foods in this phase are no longer banned, but you should not use them more often 2 times a day.
The “stabilization” phase is aimed at helping the body return to its usual diet, as well as get rid of bad eating habits. This concerns the use of sweet foods, overeating, etc. When a person gets used to healthy food, he will no longer want to return to old habits. Otherwise, the kilograms that have gone with such difficulty may return.
100 products according to Ducan
Pierre Dukan permits a variety of foods to be consumed. The person will lose weight, but at the same time he will not have feelings of dissatisfaction. The author of the weight loss program offers 100 products that you can eat in unlimited quantities and lose weight. Of these, 72 products have a protein composition, and the remaining 28 products are of mixed origin.
Protein foods can be consumed in almost unlimited quantities. Pierre Ducan found out that these foods have the nutritional properties the body needs, but at the same time they are low in carbohydrates and fats.
The following 72 products are of protein origin and can be eaten from the attack phase:
- Lean meat. This includes veal (liver, chop, kidneys), beef (basturma, tongue, steak), game, rabbit meat, lean pork ham, from which it is necessary to remove the skin, roast beef.
- Bird. Chicken (chicken ham, chicken meat itself, chicken liver), rooster meat, pigeon meat, quail and guinea fowl. You can eat turkey ham.
- A fish. You can eat halibut and salmon, including smoked ones. Allowed fish include dorado, red mullet, flounder, mullet, bighead, sea wolf, swordfish, haddock, hake, tuna, cod, mackerel, sardine, blue whiting, stingray, sea bass and sole.
From seafood it is allowed to eat meat of large crab, squid, shrimp, cuttlefish, lobster, langoustine. You can include mussels, scallops, sea urchins, lobster, oysters, sea snails, shellfish in the menu.
- For protein foods that are plant-based, you can eat oat bran and tofu.
- Chicken eggs are not prohibited.
- From dairy products, the following set is allowed: granulated cottage cheese, low-fat soft cottage cheese, milk and yogurt without additives and with 0% fat, processed low-fat cheese, low-fat cottage cheese.
The remaining 28 plant foods can be eaten when a person enters the cruise phase:
- Eggplants, mushrooms, zucchini, artichokes.
- Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, kohlrabi.
- Green beans.
- Leeks, onions, carrots.
- Field salad, lettuce, fennel.
- Radish, rhubarb.
- Asparagus, soy.
- Pith of palm, endive.
There is also a certain set of foods that can be eaten, but in limited quantities and only in certain phases of the weight loss program:
- Shirataki (noodles). It can be included in your diet without restrictions, starting from the "Attack" phase. Noodles are an excellent source of dietary fiber, contribute to the normal functioning of the digestive tract and have a minimal set of calories. These noodles are extremely popular in Asian countries.
Vegetable oil. You can eat any vegetable oil starting from the cruise stage. The oil is a source of vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids and is essential for the normal functioning of the body as a whole. In the “attack” phase, no more than 1 coffee spoon of oil can be consumed, in the “cruise” phase, it is allowed to increase its volume to 1 teaspoon, and in the “consolidation” phase, 1 tablespoon of oil is allowed per day.
- Chia seeds. They can be consumed starting from the cruise stage. Limits on the number of seeds - 1 tablespoon. This volume covers 14% of the daily human need for dietary fiber and 100% for Omega-3. They can be eaten to lose weight, the seeds help keep cholesterol levels normal, keep you feeling full and act as a natural antioxidant.
- Flax-seed. It can be consumed starting from the cruise phase. Seeds are eaten 1 teaspoon on protein days, and on protein-vegetable days - 2 teaspoons. Flaxseed is a valuable source of Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 acids. They allow you to speed up metabolic processes and cleanse the intestines qualitatively due to dietary fiber.
Onion. In the first phase, you can eat one vegetable per day. In the "cruise" phase, you can eat 1 onion on protein days, and on protein-vegetable days, the product is allowed to be eaten without any restrictions.
- Wheat bran. They need to be included in the menu throughout the entire weight loss program for 1 tbsp. l. Bran is added to desserts if there is a tendency to constipation. It should be understood that wheat bran does not replace oat bran and it is not necessary to eat them.
- Greens and green onions. Can be eaten starting from the attack phase.
- Lemon juice. It is used to enhance the taste of fish dishes.
- Pickled cucumbers (gherkins). Starting from the first phase, it is allowed to eat 2-3 fruits on protein-vegetable days.
- Crab sticks. Do not eat more than 8 sticks per day. If their fat content does not exceed 0.1% per 100 grams, then it is allowed to eat crab sticks without restrictions.
Chicken egg. When cholesterol levels in a person are not overestimated, it is allowed to eat 2 yolks and as many proteins as you like per day. If the cholesterol level is high, then more than two yolks a week are not included in the menu.
- Tomato paste. At the first stage, it is allowed to consume no more than 2 tablespoons of the product. Starting from the cruise phase, tomato paste can be eaten without restrictions, but only on protein-vegetable days.
7-day menu for the "stabilization" phase
- Breakfast: cottage cheese, cheese, bread and tea
- Lunch: puree mushroom soup, chicken nuggets (you must definitely add bran to them)
- Afternoon snack: pancakes with curd filling, a glass of kefir
- Dinner: baked fish and vegetables
Breakfast: oatmeal porridge with honey and dried fruits (bran must be added to it)
- Lunch: chicken broth with meatballs, herbs and eggs, bread
- Afternoon snack: any fruit
- Dinner: seafood, salad
- Breakfast: roll, yogurt with bran, tea
- Lunch: Italian-style chicken legs with baked potatoes, Greek salad, glass of wine
- Afternoon snack: ice cream
- Dinner: veal cutlets with rice
- Breakfast: cottage cheese and tea
- Lunch: steamed calf meat
- Afternoon snack: a glass of kefir
Dinner: chicken casserole with bran, green tea
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs with cheese and tomatoes, tea
- Lunch: soup with fresh cabbage, chicken fillet
- Afternoon snack: pancakes with bran made from choux pastry, kefir
- Dinner: fish with vegetables
- Breakfast: kefir and cottage cheese
- Lunch: puree soup with chicken and herbs, bread
- Afternoon snack: croutons with cheese and tea
- Dinner: vegetable salad, steamed lamb cutlets with bran
Breakfast: lemon muffin, cheese, ginger tea
- Lunch: tomato soup, fish sticks, bread
- Afternoon snack: kefir and cottage cheese
- Dinner: squid with soy sauce, celery and potatoes
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
Education: Diploma of the Russian State Medical University named after NI Pirogov with a degree in General Medicine (2004). Residency at Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, diploma in Endocrinology (2006).
Popular by topic
Heartburn - Causes And Symptoms Of Heartburn In The Throat After Eating. Diet, What To Do With Severe Heartburn?
What are the causes and symptoms of heartburn?Description of the diseaseContent:Heartburn CausesHeartburn TriggersHeartburn after every mealHeartburn and stomach painFeeling of heartburn in the throatHow to get rid of heartburn?What to do with severe heartburn?
Enlarged liver - what to do?Content:What does an enlarged liver mean?Reasons for an enlarged liverLiver enlargement symptomsEnlarged liver in a childDiet with an enlarged liverAn approximate menu for a week with an enlarged liverLiver enlargement treatmentAt the first signs of an enlarged liver, it is necessary, first of all, to identify the cause or disease
Cyst Of The Right And Left Lobe Of The Liver - Causes, Symptoms, Diet And Treatment Of Liver Cysts, What To Do?
Causes, symptoms and treatment of liver cystsContent:Signs and symptoms of liver cystsCauses of liver cystsLiver cyst treatmentRemoval of liver cysts (surgery)Diet (nutrition) with a liver cystA liver cyst is a newly formed pathological cavity in the liver with a wall and contents in the form of a clear liquid or jelly-like mass of yellow-green color
Nonspecific ulcerative colitisContent:What is ulcerative colitis?Ulcerative colitis symptomsCauses of ulcerative colitisForms of ulcerative colitisDiagnostics of the ulcerative colitisThe consequences of ulcerative colitisTreatment of ulcerative colitis of the intestineDiet and nutrition for ulcerative colitisWhat is ulcerative colitis?
Reviews and results of the Ducan dietThe Ducan diet is an extremely effective weight loss technique. This is confirmed by numerous reviews of people who have tried it on themselves. The diet allows you to get rid of extra pounds, become slimmer