The harm of the Kremlin diet
A diet that recommends avoiding fast carbohydrates altogether has gained immense popularity due to its effectiveness. Many stars and famous personalities have tried it on themselves and do not skimp on positive reviews. It is very tempting to eat delicacies, not restrict alcohol consumption, and still lose weight. In addition, you can maintain your usual eating pattern and even allow yourself to snack on the foods recommended by the diet. However, taking the Kremlin diet as the basis of your nutrition, you must definitely know what "pitfalls" may be hidden behind external well-being.
- The main disadvantages of the Kremlin diet
- The harm of the Kremlin diet
The main disadvantages of the Kremlin diet
Before using a new power system, undergo a medical examination and consult a doctor. It is imperative to analyze the state of your health, because the diet has serious contraindications, it is recommended only for absolutely healthy people.
Disadvantages of this power system:
- While following a diet, it is recommended to take multivitamin complexes. Meanwhile, the body assimilates even the highest quality drugs much worse than natural vitamins contained in food, vegetables and fruits.
Cereals are completely excluded from the diet, although these dishes are a source of valuable vitamins and minerals. A deficiency of nutrients can negatively affect your well-being.
- For a variety of menus, the Kremlin diet recommends including sausages and sausages in the diet - not the most healthy products. An alternative to sausages is boiled and baked meat, but preparing these dishes is time-consuming.
- The products recommended by the diet do not belong to the budget category - these are meat, cheese, valuable fish species, seafood, fresh vegetables. You will have to spend a lot of money on buying food.
- A large amount of protein in the diet increases the burden on the kidneys, which is harmful even to perfectly healthy people.
- The combination of nutrients recommended by the diet increases the risk of gallbladder and kidney sand and stones.
For those who prefer plant-based foods, as well as for those with a sweet tooth, following the principles of diet can be an insurmountable challenge.
- The abundance of low-carbohydrate foods negatively affects the condition of the skin and hair, the appearance of such a person leaves much to be desired.
- If you get out of the diet too quickly, the weight will return to the previous level.
If the individual characteristics of the body do not allow you to follow the principles of diet, it is better to look for another system for reducing excess weight.
The harm of the Kremlin diet
How is weight lost while dieting? There is not enough carbohydrates from food, therefore, fat reserves are spent to replenish the energy deficit. Yes, if the recommended diet is strictly followed, the body fat content decreases steadily. But, besides this, weight loss occurs due to the removal of fluid from organs and tissues. The main requirement of all protein diets is the consumption of large amounts of water, constant compensation for its loss.
When following a low-carb diet, it is not uncommon for the mouth to taste like acetone. This is due to an increase in the concentration of ketone bodies. Normally, they are also formed as a result of metabolism, but this dose is minimal and does not cause any harm, since ketone bodies are quickly utilized. With their excessive formation, the utilization process slows down, and the content of ketone bodies in the blood increases. Intoxication of the body is growing, the main target of which is the nervous system.
Another negative effect of excess protein is the formation of a large amount of purine compounds. As a result of complex biochemical processes, purines break down into urea and uric acid salts. The consequence of their increased concentration is the development of urolithiasis and gout. The Kremlin's diet is especially dangerous for those already suffering from kidney disease.
In the food system, which eliminates carbohydrates from the diet, a ban is imposed on the use of cereals, most types of fruits and vegetables. Meanwhile, these products are valuable sources of fiber, polysaccharides, pectins. Using fiber to cleanse the intestines from food debris, the body carries out the prevention of hemorrhoids and constipation.
Not all dietetics and gastroenterologists are enthusiastic about the Kremlin diet.
Doctors warn people who are losing weight, offering to get acquainted with the negative consequences of such a method of losing weight:
- Deterioration of the gastrointestinal tract. There is increased gas formation, a feeling of heaviness in the stomach, constipation. Problems with the gastrointestinal tract lead to insomnia, deterioration of the skin and hair.
- There is too much cholesterol in the foods recommended by the diet. This circumstance in a short time will lead to the appearance of diseases of the cardiovascular system, atherosclerosis.
- The lack of useful components obtained from plant foods leads to a decrease in immunity, vitamin deficiency.
Joy hormone deficiency. Depressive mood, often covering people who are losing weight, is associated with a lack of sweets in the diet. Intellectual activity disorders also occur from a lack of glucose in the body.
- Metabolic problems. Doctors record cases of salt metabolism failures and increased sweating while following the Kremlin diet. Experts also speak very negatively about the inclusion of sausages and sausages in the diet as an affordable alternative to meat.
Despite the fact that the human body was initially adapted to the consumption of a minimum amount of carbohydrates, the negative consequences of the diet for people with obvious and latent health problems must be taken into account.
A video about a girl talking about her experience of following the Kremlin diet. Her reviews of feelings, problems (constipation, colic, pain, weakness, apathy, depression):
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
Education: Diploma of the Russian State Medical University named after NI Pirogov with a degree in General Medicine (2004). Residency at Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, diploma in Endocrinology (2006).
Popular by topic
Heartburn - Causes And Symptoms Of Heartburn In The Throat After Eating. Diet, What To Do With Severe Heartburn?
What are the causes and symptoms of heartburn?Description of the diseaseContent:Heartburn CausesHeartburn TriggersHeartburn after every mealHeartburn and stomach painFeeling of heartburn in the throatHow to get rid of heartburn?What to do with severe heartburn?
Enlarged liver - what to do?Content:What does an enlarged liver mean?Reasons for an enlarged liverLiver enlargement symptomsEnlarged liver in a childDiet with an enlarged liverAn approximate menu for a week with an enlarged liverLiver enlargement treatmentAt the first signs of an enlarged liver, it is necessary, first of all, to identify the cause or disease
Cyst Of The Right And Left Lobe Of The Liver - Causes, Symptoms, Diet And Treatment Of Liver Cysts, What To Do?
Causes, symptoms and treatment of liver cystsContent:Signs and symptoms of liver cystsCauses of liver cystsLiver cyst treatmentRemoval of liver cysts (surgery)Diet (nutrition) with a liver cystA liver cyst is a newly formed pathological cavity in the liver with a wall and contents in the form of a clear liquid or jelly-like mass of yellow-green color
Nonspecific ulcerative colitisContent:What is ulcerative colitis?Ulcerative colitis symptomsCauses of ulcerative colitisForms of ulcerative colitisDiagnostics of the ulcerative colitisThe consequences of ulcerative colitisTreatment of ulcerative colitis of the intestineDiet and nutrition for ulcerative colitisWhat is ulcerative colitis?
Ducan Diet Phase 1 MenuAttack is the first phase of four in the Ducan diet. It is the shortest in time and at the same time the most effective in terms of getting rid of excess weight. In other phases, the process of losing weight will be less intense