Fruit diet: minus 10 kg in 7 days
Fruit diet for 7 days allows you to get rid of 10 kg of excess weight. It should become the choice of those people who have set themselves the goal of losing weight quickly. If speed is not a priority, then it is better to give preference to proper nutrition and exercise. Practicing a fruit diet is best chosen in spring and summer. At this time, fresh fruits appear on the shelves, which are rich in vitamins and microelements. Fruits allow you to lose weight due to the fact that they are high in fiber, but low in calories.
During the diet, fruits are used as the main source of nutrition. In this case, a person must drink a sufficient amount of water per day, namely, at least 2 liters. You can also use rosehip broth, green tea, mineral water juices as drinks. There are many options for a fruit diet: mono-diets, when the base of the diet is one selected fruit (apple, watermelon, melon, etc.), a multi-fruit diet, when you can eat various fruits.
In addition, it is permissible to alternate fruit days, while the mono-diet will replace the multi-diet.
- Fruit diet options
- Sample menu for a multifruit diet
- Permitted and prohibited foods for a fruit diet
- Delicious recipes for a fruit diet
- Pros and cons of a fruit diet
- Duration of diet for weight loss
- Getting out of the fruit diet
- Reviews of those who have lost weight
- Nutritionist Comments
Fruit diet options
All fruit diets available in the world can be combined into 2 large groups:
- Mono-diets, when a person eats only one type of fruit.
- Mixed diets, while it is permissible to eat not only a variety of fruits, but also other food products.
Fruit Mono Diet
The Fruit Mono diet is based on eating one type of fruit or juice. Experts do not recommend keeping a mono-diet on fruits for longer than one day. Otherwise, you can harm your own health.
The fact is that the fruit mono-diet is very strict, it is not able to provide the body with all the nutrients it needs. In fairness, it should be noted that in just one day of such a diet, you can lose up to 4 kg of excess weight. The fasting day can occur once a week.
During the day, a person should eat 2 kg of fruits, on which he chose. All this volume is divided into 4-5 servings. An addition to the menu is 1 liter of fresh juice.
The most commonly used mono diets are:
- Banana Mono Diet.
- Grapefruit Mono Diet.
- Orange mono diet.
- Apple mono-diet.
- Pineapple mono diet.
A multifruit diet does not mean that a person can eat all fruits indiscriminately. They must be combined correctly. The daily amount of fruit is divided into 4-6 meals. Be sure to drink enough water. Also, during the diet, it is allowed to drink green tea, juices, herbal decoctions. The total amount of liquid is equal to 2.5 liters per day.
Fruits can be alternated every day, or combined in a dish on the same day for fruit platter, stews, mashed potatoes and salads. Such a diet should last no longer than 7 days.
Fruit and vegetable diet
If a fruit diet is supplemented with a vegetable component, this will allow you not to experience the excruciating feeling of hunger. Coarse dietary fiber, which vegetables are rich in, is a source of energy. From fruits, a person will receive vitamins that will preserve the beauty of the skin, hair and nails. However, this option has one significant drawback - a person will be deprived of a source of protein. Provided that he visits the gym, this can become a serious obstacle to the implementation of this diet in practice.
An indicative menu for one day might look like this:
- Breakfast: salad with strawberries, grapefruit, pumpkin seeds and almonds + a glass of milk with 0% fat.
- Lunch: vegetable salad with olive oil.
- Dinner: Gazpacho soup + fresh raspberries and strawberries.
- Snacks: fresh fruit or vegetable juices.
Fruit and protein diet
A variant of the fruit-protein diet involves eating not only fruits, but also foods that are sources of protein. It can be meat, fish, cereals. If the menu is drawn up according to all the rules, then a person during such a diet will intensively lose weight, but feel great at the same time.
The indicative menu looks like this:
- Breakfast: a couple of chicken eggs + two lettuce leaves + green tea, or coffee without added sugar.
- Lunch: vegetable-based soup + boiled chicken meat + tomatoes and cucumbers in salad + juice or compote.
- Dinner: boiled fish + cauliflower casserole + green tea.
Fruit is used as a snack.
Fruit and kefir diet
To get rid of excess weight and cleanse the body, you can use a fruit-kefir diet. In addition to fruits, every day you need to drink up to 0.5 liters of kefir with a low percentage of fat.
An example menu looks like this:
- Breakfast: banana with 0.25 l of kefir, passed through a blender.
- Snack: mineral water and a green apple.
- Lunch: fruit salad and a glass of kefir.
- Dinner: natural yoghurt with fruit.
Such a diet can last from 5 days to a week. Kefir can be replaced with sour milk, cottage cheese or yogurt.
Curd and fruit diet
The curd-fruit diet is considered one of the most satisfying and healthy. Cottage cheese is a product with a high content of macro- and microelements, and fruits saturate the body with vitamins. Therefore, you can hold out on this version of the fruit diet from 1 to 7 days. The person sets the duration himself. First of all, it depends on how much you need to lose weight.
An indicative menu for the day is represented by 1 kg of fruit and 0.4 kg of cottage cheese. Be sure to drink water without gas, green tea without sugar. Divide the curd into 4-5 servings and combine each meal with fruit.
Sample menu for a multifruit diet
Breakfast # 2
Smoothies (apple and apricot), green tea with sorbitol
0.3 kg of fruit, rosehip decoction
Salad (banana, kiwi, orange, apple), dried fruit compote
0.5 kg mix of fruits, green tea and honey
Baked apple with dried apricots and honey, orange juice
Puree (pear and apple), plum juice
Assorted fruits and plum juice
Fruit smoothie, green tea and honey
0.3 kg of fruit, rosehip decoction
Fruit salad, jelly with dried fruits
Baked apple and nuts, apricot juice
Compote with dried fruits
Permitted and prohibited foods for a fruit diet
The list of permitted fruits is quite extensive, it includes: pears and apples, plums and cherries, watermelons, tangerines and oranges, peaches, apricots and nectarines, kiwi and pineapples, persimmons, grapefruit and avocados. These fruits can be eaten individually or combined with each other.
The fruits are allowed to be baked, you can also eat them fresh, it is not forbidden to prepare juices from the listed fruits. If you wish, you can include exotic fruits in the menu, such as: passionfruit, feijoa, guava, lychee, etc.
As for the bans, they are imposed on all other food products, except fruits. Moreover, not all fruits can be eaten without restriction. Grapes, papaya, melon, bananas and mangoes should be removed from the menu. Carbonated and alcoholic drinks are excluded during the diet.
Delicious recipes for a fruit diet
Salad "Rose delight"
In order to prepare a dish, you will need the following products:
- 3 oranges and grapefruits.
- A teaspoon of lemon zest and the same amount of orange zest.
- A pinch of cloves.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0.1 l of water.
- 2 tbsp. l. honey.
Mix the zest of orange and lemon with cloves and cinnamon, add water to them. Boil this mixture for a quarter of an hour. When it starts to cool, add honey, stirring constantly. Cut the fruits and fill them with the prepared sauce (it should be cooled beforehand).
To prepare a dish, you need to purchase the following products:
- Cinnamon and cloves.
- Honey - 2 tbsp. l.
Mix the zest of lemon and orange, add cloves, cinnamon and honey to them, boil for 15 minutes. At the end of cooking in syrup, the fruit (cut into pieces) should be boiled for 3 minutes, then the syrup is drained. Salad ready.
To prepare it you will need:
- Strawberries - 0.2 kg.
- Raspberries - 0.15 kg.
- Kiwi - 3 pcs.
- Liquid honey - 3 tbsp. l.
Beat each fruit separately in a blender and lay out in layers. Previously, a tablespoon of honey is introduced into each type of fruit mass. You can add ice to the smoothie.
Pros and cons of a fruit diet
The advantages of a fruit diet include:
- Improving the functioning of the digestive system.
- Improving skin condition.
- The diet is convenient for busy people, as meals do not have a clear attachment to time values.
Duration of diet for weight loss
Sticking to a fruit diet for too long is not recommended. If a person spends more than 12 days on this regime, then the body will begin to experience protein starvation. Even the most expensive and fortified fruits cannot cover the body's needs for animal protein. Acute deficiency of vitamin B2 is guaranteed to all people who have given up milk and meat.
If vitamin deficiency lasts a long time, it will lead to a weakening of muscle mass and its loss. As a result, a person will not burn fat, but muscles. Therefore, experts strongly recommend introducing both fish and meat into the menu, starting from the 5th day of the fruit diet.
Getting out of the fruit diet
So that the achieved result is not lost in a short period of time, you need to get out of the diet correctly. In this case, it should be based on which option the losing weight adhered to.
If he followed the mono-diet, then you need to be guided by the following exit rules:
- New products should be introduced gradually. In the first 3 days, add 1 chicken egg. At the same time, you can start eating vegetables and mushrooms.
- From day 4, you can eat porridge, but in small portions. Also, the diet includes low-fat meat.
- In order not to knock down metabolic processes in the body, you should drink plenty of water.
- One week after completing the diet, it is allowed to eat fish, desserts, meat and bread (dried, from whole grain flour).
- After two weeks, you can switch to the usual menu. To prevent weight gain, you should drink in small portions, but often. It is important to monitor the daily calorie intake, gradually increasing it.
If a person adhered to any of the mixed diet options, then he needs to follow the following exit rules:
- If you follow a fruit-protein diet, liquid cereals, vegetables, fish, mushrooms and meat dishes are the first to enter the menu.
- You can start eating sweets no earlier than 5 days after completing the diet. At the same time, cereals and bread made from whole grain flour are introduced.
- Salt, pastries, fried foods, spirits and sugary drinks are on the menu at the very latest.
- You should go to the table 5 times a day, drink enough water, continue to eat fruits, drink natural juices and fresh juices.
Contraindications to a fruit diet:
- Gastritis with increased acidity of gastric juice.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Ulcers of the stomach and duodenum. However, patients with this diagnosis can practice the banana diet.
- Allergy to fruits, or predisposition to allergic reactions. If such a person eats a large amount of fruit, then with a high degree of probability he will develop diathesis. The risks are increased if the diet is based on citrus fruits, strawberries or grapes.
- If a person simply does not like fruits, then he should refuse such a diet.
Reviews of those who have lost weight
Olesya, 21 years old: “I liked the fruit diet. With her help, I cleansed the body, my skin began to look healthier. In fact, I lost 3 kg in 3 days. I have not experienced any difficulties, as I love fruits very much.
Natalia: “I urgently needed to lose weight before an important event in my life. For this purpose, I chose a fruit diet. I must say right away that I have achieved the desired result. I stayed on the diet for 3 days. Ate at this time bananas, apples, tangerines, watermelons. By the end of the first day, there was no strength left for anything, and the mood became disgusting. I wanted meat or at least potatoes.
I ate 5-6 times a day. The average weight of a portion is 300 g. I noticed that if you eat less, then hunger starts to make itself felt after half an hour. Be sure to drink plenty of water to cleanse your body. On the second day of the diet, I felt a pleasant lightness in my body. In all three days, I lost 2.5 kg.
I was able to button up a dress that did not fit before. But a week after switching to the usual menu, the lost kilograms came back! If you suffer from diseases of the digestive system, then you should refrain from a fruit diet. The main thing is not thinness, but health."
Masha: “It's best to stick to this diet in summer, when there is a lot of everything and all the fruits are fresh. I stayed on it for a week. During this time, I managed to lose 5 kg, but I caused colossal damage to my health. Now I regret that I did not switch to the usual diet after three days.
The diet is tasty but hungry. Constantly rumbling in my stomach. On the 5th day I had severe stomach pains. I went to the doctor, where they found out that I have an acute stage of gastritis. I had to forget about the diet and start treatment. After completing the diet, not 5 kg returned, but 7 kg. Fruits have withdrawn only water, which is quickly replenished. Now I oppose the fruit diet, after which I recovered and acquired gastritis. I am firmly convinced that the best diet is proper nutrition."
Nutritionists only prescribe a fruit diet to those people who are 100% healthy. It is not balanced in essential nutrients. As a result, the person himself introduces the body into a state of stress. If the choice still fell on a fruit diet, then you should give preference to a sparing option that allows the use of protein products. It can be a fruit-kefir fruit-vegetable or fruit-protein diet.
Be sure to take vitamins and minerals together or separately during the diet. Do not forget about drinking enough water. Otherwise, severe constipation may begin.
The diet is not balanced, has many contraindications, so you should think carefully before proceeding with its implementation.
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
Education: Diploma of the Russian State Medical University named after NI Pirogov with a degree in General Medicine (2004). Residency at Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, diploma in Endocrinology (2006).