7 symptoms of bowel disease and 3 recommendations
The intestine is an organ with well-developed innervation. It has the same number of nerve cells as the spinal cord. The intestine receives and sends impulses, reacts to everything that happens in the body. It is inextricably linked to the central nervous system.
Many people believe that the intestine is the uncomplaining servant of the brain and only obeys its commands. In fact, the brain also responds to the prompts from the digestive system. Therefore, when an organ is not healthy, the brain will definitely receive the appropriate signal.
- Symptoms of bowel dysfunction
- How to deal with the problem?
Symptoms of bowel dysfunction
There are 7 symptoms of bowel disease that every person should know:
- Excessive gas evolution.
- Formation in the language of white bloom. It is especially noticeable after eating.
Weakness after sleep, foggy consciousness. It takes a certain time for a person to "recover".
- Heaviness in the body, inhibition of movements.
- Frequent infectious diseases, and at first glance they will not be associated with the organs of the digestive system.
- Constant malaise.
- Great tiredness in the afternoon.
How to deal with the problem?
If a person notices that not everything is in order with his intestines, the body needs help. This primarily concerns weight stabilization.
In order for the extra pounds to start to go away, it is necessary to normalize the intestinal microflora. The beneficial bacteria quickly process nutrients, allowing the body to absorb them better. This will make it possible to remove intoxication from the body as a whole and from the brain in particular. Once digestion is in place, the metabolism kicks in.
Helping your gut isn't difficult. It is enough to follow 3 simple guidelines.
Drinking healing tea
To stimulate the intestines and increase lymph circulation in the body, you need to drink specially prepared tea.
- Pour 4 cups of water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add half a teaspoon of caraway seeds, coriander seeds and dill seeds to boiling water.
- If a person suffers from excess gas formation, add half a teaspoon of fenugreek to these components.
- To strengthen the digestive system, a piece of peeled fresh ginger is added to the drink.
- All components are boiled for 5-10 minutes, then filtered.
- Tea is poured into a thermos. This will keep it hot throughout the day.
- They drink it in the morning. The last portion should be taken at 18:00.
This tea helps to normalize bowel function.
There are several reasons for this:
- Cumin has long been used to maintain stomach health, to reduce gas production and to treat other problems with the organs of the digestive system. It contains antioxidants, dietary fiber, iron. Together, these substances enhance food fermentation and normalize the digestive tract.
- Coriander in Ayurveda is used to get rid of intestinal disorders, namely, to reduce the phenomena of flatulence, to stimulate digestion, to relieve inflammation and eliminate spasms. Its seeds are very pleasant to the taste, they give the drink a nutty flavor.
Fennel is used to treat irritable bowel syndrome. It relieves tension from smooth muscles, breaks down excess gas bubbles, and stimulates the intestines to digest food. If a person wants to give their breath freshness, then they can simply chew a few dill seeds.
Correction of diet
Many people consume the bulk of their daily diet in the evening. This overloads the digestive system. Experts recommend eating the bulk of the daily menu during lunch.
Studies show that people who eat in the evening (we are talking about consuming large amounts of food) spend less energy at night. This contributes to the development of obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Enriching the menu with dietary fiber
People in Russia receive less dietary fiber. Experts call this the main cause of sluggish bowel movements and regular constipation. The average daily intake of dietary fiber for an adult woman is 25 g, and for a man - 38 g. In fact, the amount of fiber consumed does not exceed 15 g. The deficit is obvious. Therefore, to maintain gut health, you need to enrich the diet with dietary fiber.
To fix the situation, you need to eat a teaspoon of flaxseed every night. It must be added to a glass of water, stirred and drunk in quick sips.
Such a simple measure allows you to saturate the body with dietary fiber, cleanse the intestines, and provide nutrients to the beneficial microflora.
All of these recommendations will have a positive effect on the health of the digestive system and the body as a whole.
The author of the article: Gorshenina Elena Ivanovna | Gastroenterologist
Education: Diploma in the specialty "General Medicine" received at the Russian State Medical University named after N. I. Pirogova (2005). Postgraduate studies in the specialty "Gastroenterology" - educational and scientific medical center.