2023 Author: Josephine Shorter | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:22
Treatment of severe cough with phlegm without fever
In many cases, a cough is a symptom that indicates that the respiratory tract is affected by various diseases. It is a method of self-defense of the human body. A cough is caused by the presence of all kinds of foreign and unwanted particles in the airways, and when it appears, people usually seek medical help.
Almost every person in the modern world has suffered from bronchitis, colds or other respiratory infections, accompanied by a cough, and, consequently, felt the stage of the disease in which phlegm appears.
Sputum is a viscous, thick liquid produced by the mucous membrane. It is water-based and includes glycoproteins, lipids and immunoglobulins. The color of the sputum can range from green to pale yellow. With a wet cough, germs and their poisons are released from the body along with sputum.
Many diseases are characterized by the transformation of a dry cough into a wet cough and a change in the base of sputum, which is caused by the natural development of the disease. Smoking is one of the main causes of coughing up phlegm. A smoker has more mucus in the airways, which increases the amount of phlegm to be disposed of. In addition, smoking has a paralyzing effect on the finest hairs in the airways, which help to remove phlegm.
Causes and types of cough with phlegm
- Cough with yellow phlegm
- Cough with white phlegm
- Cough with phlegm and blood
- Prolonged cough with phlegm for more than a month
- Cough with phlegm in the morning
- Sputum cough treatment
- Classification of remedies that relieve cough and promote rapid recovery
Expectorants for cough reflex action
- Althea preparations
- Thermopsis preparations
- Breast fees No. 1, 2, 3, 4
- Ledum, plantain leaf, mother and stepmother and other medicinal plants.
- Thyme (thyme extract)
- Direct resorptive expectorant cough
Mucolytic cough remedies for bronchitis
- Combined action drugs - Ascoril, Jocet, Kashnol
- Ambroxol / Lazolvan
Causes and types of cough with phlegm
Certain diseases lead to a cough with phlegm. One of them is asthma. In the initial stages of the disease, mild hoarseness and dry cough are often noted, but over time, severe wheezing and coughing up phlegm begin. The formation of thick mucous secretions is possible. Another reason can be chronic bronchitis. This disease, due to chronically blocked airways, leads to a dry cough, eventually turning into a cough with phlegm. In sputum, in this case, the content of pus is likely.
A cough with phlegm can also occur with a common cold. During this ailment, sputum secretion is noted, which contains mucus with pus. Inhalation of paint particles, dust, or other substances will increase mucus production in the airways. This mucus irritates the airways and causes coughing up phlegm. This is often seen in people with allergies or chronic sinusitis. Lung cancer is also a likely cause of coughing up phlegm.
Read more: Signs, Symptoms, Stages and Treatment of Lung Cancer
A cough of a chronic nature with the release of a small amount of sputum with blood streaks is a harbinger of this disease. The sputum may contain mucus or a mixture of mucus and pus. A dry cough that turns into a cough with phlegm can also occur with pneumonia. The color of the sputum will change depending on the bacteria present in it.
Cough with yellow phlegm
If the sputum released during coughing is yellow, then this may indicate the presence of bronchitis, pneumonia, or sinusitis. If a rarely coughing person begins to cough abruptly with the release of yellow sputum, then you need to urgently seek medical help. This is especially necessary if there is pus or blood in the sputum. A shade of yellow is usually formed in the case of an admixture of pus in the sputum.
To detect the disease, sputum analysis is necessary. The sputum is collected in a special jar. The procedure is performed in the morning on an empty stomach. Before expectoration, a person needs to rinse their mouth with a mild antiseptic solution.
A cough with yellow phlegm can also be observed in experienced smokers. The nature and color of sputum can indicate the cause of bronchitis. Yellow sputum indicates the presence of a bacterial infection in the bronchi. Patients with yellow sputum when coughing should be treated by a qualified physician.
Cough with white phlegm
White sputum that is released during coughing, which has a curdled consistency, may indicate a fungal infection or tuberculosis in the respiratory tract. Fungal lesions of the bronchi can be caused by prolonged antibiotic therapy against a background of reduced immunity, which entails the appearance of pathogenic microflora on the mucous membranes. In tuberculosis, the volume of secreted bronchial mucus is usually small.
Detection in blood sputum is a sign of complications - pulmonary complications resulting from damage during coughing of the vessels of the larynx. Sputum, which is white and has a watery consistency, may appear in response to external stimuli, due to viral infections or respiratory diseases. Clear sputum when coughing indicates the absence of inflammation. Thick and clear sputum signals the onset of pneumonia, bronchitis, allergies, asthma or colds. If the volume of such sputum continues to increase, then this can lead to poisoning. As a result, it should not be allowed to stagnate in the bronchi.
Cough with phlegm and blood
Bloody sputum when coughing can be evidence of a respiratory illness. If blood is found in sputum, you should immediately consult a doctor who will determine the cause of this symptom and prescribe appropriate treatment. The main reasons for the onset of coughing up blood include lung cancer. In this case, the patient's sputum contains blood in the form of streaks. Also, sputum containing blood can be noted in acute bronchitis.
Read more: Causes, symptoms and treatment of acute bronchitis
The volume of blood in the sputum in chronic bronchitis is usually small (these are scarlet veins mixed with thick purulent sputum). Another reason for the appearance of such symptoms can be pneumonia. In this case, a cough with sputum containing traces of fresh blood will be characteristic. Treatment of cough with blood is carried out taking into account the cause that provoked the development of this symptom.
Prolonged cough with phlegm for more than a month
A long-term cough is called a cough that lasts more than 4-8 weeks without signs of positive dynamics. Long-term coughing up phlegm is an alarming symptom that may indicate a serious medical condition.
This cough can be triggered not only by the inflammatory process or bronchial asthma, in connection with which an X-ray of the lungs should be done immediately. This study will help rule out cancer.
In such a case, tuberculosis is not excluded (it is even one of the most likely options). Often smokers with prolonged bronchitis are susceptible to prolonged cough with sputum. This disease is often chronic and is difficult to recover.
This type of cough can be inherent in people of certain professions. It usually accompanies the disease asbestosis resulting from prolonged exposure to asbestos. Therapy for this occupational disease is to stop contact with this substance.
Cough with phlegm in the morning
Many people cough in the morning. Often times, this phenomenon is not unusual and should not cause panic or any fear. It's just that the body needs to remove the phlegm that has accumulated in the lungs overnight. The question lies in the fact that a healthy person does not accumulate much sputum, and there is practically no morning cough. If the lungs produce a lot of phlegm, then there is a reason for this.
Smoking is one of the most common causes of morning cough. Chronic morning cough is a well-known symptom of tobacco poisoning. With age, the effects of smoking become more intense. Morning cough can also be caused by tuberculosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and mucus flowing down the throat from the sinuses.
Sputum cough treatment
If a person suffers from acute respiratory viral infections or bronchitis, if he has a cough with phlegm, which is poorly separated, then it is necessary to use drugs that have the property of liquefying it (mucolytic agents), or those that contribute to its better separation (expectorants). They can be of both vegetable and synthetic origin.
Most people, in an effort to maintain their health, refuse to take drugs of non-natural origin. However, giving preference to a drug based on medicinal plants, it should be remembered that they also have multiple side effects and have certain contraindications.
It is a mistake to think that the composition of plants is extremely useful and medicinal components. They also contain toxic and harmful substances that can be harmful to health. In addition, allergies are a frequent companion of modern people. Therefore, even an expensive and seemingly effective drug can provoke a reaction that is unexpected for a sick person.
So, below we will tell you about all the medicines that can help you in the treatment of cough with phlegm.
You can not independently prescribe and use antitussives. Only a doctor can recommend them. Another important rule concerns the prohibition of joint administration of drugs from the mucolytic and antitussive groups. An exception is the prescription of combined drugs by a doctor. Such drugs combine an unexpressed antitussive and expectorant effect.
Classification of remedies that relieve cough and promote rapid recovery
There are three types of medications for cough relief:
- A group of expectorant drugs, they are prescribed when the sputum in the respiratory organs is not thick, and the cough is productive.
- A group of antitussives and combined action drugs. They are prescribed when the patient suffers from an unproductive and dry cough that interferes with his rest and reduces his appetite.
- A group of mucolytic agents. These drugs are prescribed if the cough is productive, but the sputum is thick and viscous, its separation is difficult.
In turn, drugs from the group of expectorants are divided into:
- Medicines of resorptive action. Due to irritation of the bronchial mucosa, an increase in the formation of sputum occurs and a person coughs it up more easily. The effect occurs after the agent is absorbed in the digestive tract.
- Reflex action drugs. Facilitation of the removal of phlegm and mucus from the bronchi occurs due to irritation of the mucous membrane lining the stomach. As a result, the patient's vomiting center is excited, but it does not vomit, and the amount of mucus in the airways increases. The peristalsis of the muscles lining the bronchi increases, the epithelium covering their smaller branches propels the accumulated mucus to the larger branches.
Mucolytic agents, the action of which is aimed at thinning sputum, in turn, are divided into:
- Means that can affect the viscosity of bronchial secretions and the elasticity of this mucus. These means include, for example, ACC.
- Drugs that can accelerate the release of mucus from the bronchi. These include, for example, Ambroxol and Bromhexin.
- Means that make mucus less produced, for example, drugs such as M-anticholinergics, Libexin Muco and glucocorticoids.
Expectorants for cough reflex action
Thermopsis after the preparation of the infusion can cause vomiting in the child, even with a slight excess of the dose. In addition, cytisine, which is part of the infusion, can provoke a short-term stimulation of breathing in a child, followed by depression of the respiratory function.
- Indications. It is prescribed for pathologies of the respiratory system of an acute and chronic nature. Diagnoses - pulmonary emphysema, tracheobronchitis, bronchitis and obstructive bronchitis. The clinical sign for prescribing the drug is viscous sputum with difficult separation.
- Pharmachologic effect. Dilution of bronchial secretions, removal of inflammation, stimulation of wave-like contractions of the walls of the bronchi, which promotes the advancement of mucus to the trachea and its further removal from the respiratory tract.
- Contraindications. Individual sensitivity, duodenal ulcer and stomach ulcer. People with a history of fructose intolerance or diabetes mellitus should take this syrup with caution. The possibility of use during pregnancy or under 3 years of age should be discussed with a doctor.
Mukaltin. The average price for pills is 20 rubles. Children need to first dissolve the tablet in 1/3 cup of water. For adults, the maximum single dose is 100 mg. You need to take the remedy before meals, up to 3 times a day. The maximum duration of treatment is 2 weeks.
Alteyka syrup (Althea Syrup). The price of the tool is 90-130 rubles. The drug is taken internally, after diluting 1 spoon (teaspoon) of the product in 1/4 cup of water (age - up to 12 years), or diluting 1 spoon (already a tablespoon) in 1/2 cup of water (for adults). Take up to 4 times a day. The therapeutic course is half a month, but according to the doctor's indications it can be increased.
Marshmallow roots. The price for the drug is 60 rubles. To prepare the medicine, it is necessary to warm up a glass of water and add a tablespoon of the root, previously crushed, there. After boiling, the product is kept in a water bath for another quarter of an hour, then the resulting infusion is cooled, squeezed and filtered. The resulting volume will need to be brought to 0.2 liters. The preparation of the infusion is carried out not on direct fire, but on a water bath.
The product must be shaken before use, taking - no more than 4 times a day, after each meal. Age restrictions for a single admission:
- 3-5 years old - dessert spoon;
- 6-14 years old - 1 or 2 tablespoons;
- over 14 years old and adults - half a glass.
Therapy without interruption should not exceed 21 days.
Cough tablets Termopsol. Price category - from 30 to 50 rubles.
This drug is based on the herb Thermopsis. The plant has the ability to irritate the center of respiration and vomiting, contributing to the expectoration of phlegm.
The composition of herbs contains a large amount of alkaloids, these are:
The tablet form of the drug additionally contains sodium bicarbonate, which makes the phlegm less viscous and has a stimulating effect on the work of the bronchi.
- Indications. Viscous sputum accompanying bronchitis or tracheitis + bronchitis.
- Contraindications. Tablets are prohibited from taking, if any, peptic ulcer disease, individual (high) sensitivity of the body to the components of the drug.
- Application. Therapy without interruption - up to 5 days. The dosage is 1 tablet. Frequency rate - 3 times a day.
Codelac broncho with thyme without codeine. This elixir can be purchased for 150 rubles. It contains ambroxol, sodium glycyrrhizinate and thyme extract.
These funds are capable of having an expectorant, anti-inflammatory and mucolytic effect, since they contain several active components.
||Age up to 12 years, the period of gestation and breastfeeding, individual intolerance. Relative contraindications: bronchial asthma, peptic ulcer, hepatic and renal failure.||1 tablet 3 times a day with meals||
5 days is the maximum period during which the drug can be taken without additional medical supervision.
Codelac broncho without codeine content. The price range of the drug is between 120 and 170 rubles. As part of this drug, sodium bicarbonate, thermopsis extract, glycyrrhizinate and ambroxol.
Breast fees No. 1, 2, 3, 4
|Second number||Third number||Fourth number|
|Oregano + mother and stepmother||Mother and stepmother + plantain + licorice (marketed under the name Fitopektol, maximum price - 50 rubles)||Sage + anise + marshmallow + pine buds||Chamomile + violet + wild rosemary + licorice + calendula|
Elixir Bronchofit from the Ukrainian manufacturer. The product contains plantain + wild rosemary + licorice + anise + violet + sage + thyme.
Expectorant collection based on plantain, mother and stepmother, chamomile, wild rosemary, calendula, licorice and peppermint.
- Application. Heat 0.2 l of water and add a spoonful of collection there. Boil the resulting mixture for a quarter of an hour and, after cooling and filtering, bring to the original volume. All manipulations are performed in a water bath. Treatment is course, the maximum duration of therapy is half a month. Take on an empty stomach before meals. A single dose is 1/4 cup, the number of doses per day is 4.
- Adverse reactions of the body that may occur in response to taking the drug: allergies, stool disorders, nausea and heartburn.
Ledum, plantain, mother and stepmother and other medicinal plants
Marsh rosemary herb. The price of the drug does not exceed 35 rubles. This plant is a component of many expectorant collections, among which collection number four and Bronchophyte. Local irritation to the bronchi is provided by the essential oils that make up the plant. In addition, the herb helps to relieve inflammation, has an antimicrobial effect and helps to stimulate the myometrium and the central nervous system.
- Side effects. Dizziness, increased irritability and irritability, as well as the development of bronchospasm, are possible.
- Mode of application. Two tablespoons are poured over 0.2 liters of boiling water and insisted. You need to drink half a glass up to 3 times a day.
Plantain leaf, the maximum price of the drug is 30 rubles.
- improving the functionality of the ciliated epithelium.
Such an extensive list of therapeutic effects is achieved due to the composition of the plant leaf.
|Indications for use||Mode of application||Contraindications||Side effects|
|Essential oil, vitamins, mucus, biologically active, tannins and bitter substances, alkaloids, saponins and resins, flavonoids and phytoncides, beckons, chlorophyll, sterols, oleic acid, trace elements, macronutrients||Atherosclerosis, inflammation of the upper respiratory tract, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and renal system, bronchitis, whooping cough, pneumonia and atopic dermatitis.||It is infused and taken 2 tablespoons up to 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals||Peptic ulcer, hyperacid gastritis, plant allergy.||Allergies, heartburn|
The therapeutic course is a maximum of half a month.
Mother and stepmother. The price of this drug is 40 rubles.
|How to use?|
|When it is necessary to achieve an expectorant, antibacterial, sweat and choleretic, antispasmodic and wound healing effect.||In a water bath (bring 0.2 liters of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of herbs, boil for 15 minutes), then squeeze the infusion, bring to the original volume and consume 0.15 liters every 3 hours. Or drink 3 tablespoons half an hour before meals 3|
Plantain syrup and mother and stepmother. The price is 200 rubles.
|Up to 15 years old 2 teaspoons, after 15 years 2 tablespoons, but already tablespoons up to 4 times a day||Stomach ulcer, children's age (up to six years), the period of gestation.||Allergy|
Maximum therapy, without doctor's supervision - 3 weeks.
Herbion with plantain. The maximum amount for the drug is 230 rubles.
Phytosyrup Stoptussin. The price for the drug is 130 rubles. The preparation contains thyme, thyme and plantain.
|To relieve inflammation and improve mucus flow||Age up to one year, pregnancy, lactation, epilepsy, head injuries, kidney and liver diseases.||Children under 5 years old are prescribed a teaspoon up to 3 times a day. From 5 to 10 years old + another teaspoon. After 10 and up to 15 years + another teaspoon. Adults take a tablespoon up to 5 times a day.|
Uncontrolled therapy should not exceed seven days.
Coldrex broncho in syrup. The maximum price of a medicine is 250 rubles.
|Guaifenesin, benzoate, macrogol, sodium cyclamate, dextrose, red pepper tincture, racemic camphor, star anise seed oil and levomenthol||Respiratory disease and difficulty in passing mucus||Peptic ulcer, age up to 3 years, individual intolerance.||From 3 to 12 years old, you can give the child the drug once in a volume of no more than 5 ml. Take the remedy every 3 hours. For adults, a single dose can be increased by another 5 ml.||Diarrhea and vomiting, abdominal pain, rashes and hives.|
Thyme (thyme extract)
Thyme herb and Thyme essential oil. The price is 40 and 90 rubles, respectively.
|When it is necessary to provide antimicrobial, expectorant and analgesic effect.||Prohibited for use, with the same pathologies as plantain.||Boil 1 sachet or 1 tablespoon of the herb in 1 glass of water. Time is 15 minutes. Then the infusion is filtered, brought to the original volume and consumed 3 times a day, 1 tablespoon. All manipulations are carried out in a water bath.||Allergy|
The treatment time should not exceed three weeks.
Liquid extracts of thyme have a combined (expectorant and mucolytic) effect. They are used for diagnoses - bronchitis, pneumonia, conditions in which the sputum is viscous and difficult to separate.
Among these drugs:
- Bronchicum cough lozenges, the price of which is 150 rubles, and for the same remedy in syrup - 250 rubles. Take after meals 2 times a day for up to six years (from six months to a year - half a teaspoon, from two to 6 years, a whole teaspoon). After six years and older, the frequency of admission is 3 times a day (from six to 12 years old, 1 teaspoon, then 2 teaspoons). As for the pastilles, from 6 to 12 years old, 3 pastilles can be taken per day, for adults up to 6 pastilles.
- Bronchicum TP. The composition includes not only thyme, but also primrose. Take during the day from a year to 4 years, half a teaspoon (3 times a day), from five to 12 years, a whole teaspoon (4 times), for adults also a whole teaspoon, but up to 6 times.
- Pertussin syrup at a price of 30 rubles. In addition to thyme, the syrup contains potassium bromide. The drug is taken after meals, from 3 to 6 years old - half a teaspoon, from 6 to 12 years old - a whole teaspoon, after 12 years - a dessert spoon, adults - a tablespoon. Multiplicity for each age - 3 times a day. The maximum therapeutic course is 3 weeks.
- Tussamag syrup or drops, the maximum price of which is 170 rubles. Children from one to 5 years old are shown to take no more than 25 drops, if necessary, they can be diluted with water. After five years - up to 50 drops, for adults - up to 60 drops. Frequency rate of admission - up to 4 times a day. The syrup is taken 1 teaspoon after meals (from one to five), 2 teaspoons after 5 years, 3 teaspoons in adulthood. The frequency of admission is also 4 times a day.
|Chronic and acute bronchitis||5 times a day, 120 mg - for children under 5 years old (if the process is in the acute phase), 3 times a day if the process is in the chronic phase. Adults 30 minutes before meals in a dosage of 300 mg up to 4 times a day in the acute phase of the disease and in the same dosage, but 2 times a day in the chronic course of the disease. If the disease has passed into the chronic stage, then you can use 300 mg before night rest. This measure will facilitate the discharge of sputum in the morning.||Dyspeptic disorders, abdominal pain, allergies, increased mobility of stones in the gallbladder.|
Direct resorptive expectorant cough
Sodium and potassium iodide, sodium bicarbonate, ammonium chloride increase phlegm production. The rosemary, oregano and other herbs, as well as the essential oil of anise fruits, have a similar effect.
Amtersol. The composition of the drug includes ammonium chloride, extracts of thermopsis of licorice root, potassium bromide, sodium benzoate.
- Contraindications. Breastfeeding, pregnancy, under 3 years of age, hypersensitivity and stomach ulcers.
- Application. It is taken after meals at the age of 3 years, half a teaspoon, from 6 years old, a whole teaspoon, from 12 years old, a dessert spoon, from 18 years old, a tablespoon. The frequency of admission is 3 times a day. The therapeutic course should not exceed two weeks.
Mucolytic cough remedies for bronchitis
The group of these drugs contributes to the fact that the sputum becomes more liquid, the process of its excretion improves, as a result, favorable conditions for the vital activity of pathogenic organisms are disrupted.
- Vicks asset at a price of 280 rubles. Release form - soluble tablets.
- Fluimucil at a price of 240 rubles. The form of release varies. These can be granules, ampoules and tablets.
- Azz in packaged form or in tablet form. Price up to 400 rubles.
These drugs contribute to the frequency of exacerbations in chronic bronchitis. Possible reception of laryngitis, pneumonia, otitis media and all forms of bronchitis.
- Contraindications. Age up to 2 years, pregnancy, pulmonary hemorrhage, bronchial asthma, adrenal pathology, hepatic and renal insufficiency.
- Application. The maximum therapeutic course should not exceed a week. The more the patient drinks the liquid, the higher the expectorant effect will be. From 2 to 5 years, 100 mg no more than 3 times a day, from 6 to 14 years, 100 mg 3 times a day, 200 mg in the same multiplicity for adults, or 600 mg once.
- Side effect. Heartburn and vomiting, increased heart rate, pulmonary bleeding, skin reactions - rash and urticaria, headaches, pressure drop, bronchospasm and stomatitis.
- Directly Bromhexin in tablet form for 80 rubles, in the form of drops for 100 rubles and in the form of a mixture for 140 rubles.
- Bronhosan for 190 rubles. In addition to the main active ingredient, it contains oils: fennel, oregano, mint, eucalyptus, anise and levomenthol.
- Solvin in syrup and tablets at a price of 120 rubles.
The effect of taking these drugs will be noticeable after a minimum of 2 days and a maximum of 5 days.
- Application. If the agent is used for inhalation, then it must be diluted in the same proportion with saline. 2 mg for children under 10 years of age, 4 mg after 10 years and 8 mg in adulthood. If a mixture is chosen, then 2 mg for children from 2 to 2 years old, 8 mg after 6 years (the frequency for both ages is 3 times a day). In adults, up to 16 mg up to 4 times a day.
- Contraindications. In tablets, the drug should not be taken until 6 years of age, during the 1st trimester of pregnancy, during breastfeeding, in the presence of individual intolerance.
Combined action drugs - Ascoril, Jocet, Kashnol
It is possible to use only on medical advice:
- In Jocet syrup at a price of 180 rubles.
- In Kashnol syrup at a price of 130 rubles.
- In Ascoril tablets, 300 rubles, in syrup, 250 rubles.
The composition of medicines includes Salbutamol, Bromhexin and Guaifenesin.
- Indications. Bronchial asthma, pneumonia, tuberculosis, pulmonary emphysema, COPD, chronic bronchitis, tracheobronchitis.
- Dosage. From 3 to 6 years old, 5 ml each, up to 12 years old, 5 or 10 ml each, 12 years old, 10 ml each. Frequency rate of admission - 3 times a day.
- Contraindications. Age up to 3 years, carrying a child, breastfeeding, thyrotoxicosis, tachyarrhythmia, myocarditis, peptic ulcer, diabetes mellitus, hepatic and renal failure, aortic stenosis. There are contraindications when taken simultaneously with antitussive drugs, with MAO inhibitors and non-selective adrenoreceptor blockers.
- Side effects. Headaches and drowsiness, convulsions, nervous irritability, tremors of the limbs, sleep disturbances. Vomiting or nausea, diarrhea, exacerbation of peptic ulcer disease, pressure drop, increased heart rate, urticaria and rash, bronchospasm, and pink urine.
- In no case should you drink it with alkaline drinks.
Ambroxol / Lazolvan
Expectorant, among which Lazolvan is recognized as the most effective.
|Pneumonia, bronchitis, bronchial asthma and other pathologies of the respiratory tract, accompanied by the presence of viscous sputum.||Pregnancy (first trimester under an absolute ban), chronic kidney and liver diseases.||Tablets up to 3 times a day after meals, for adults only. In syrup for children under 2 years old, half a teaspoon (2 times a day), up to 6 years old, half a teaspoon 3 times a day, up to 12 years old, take a teaspoon 3 times, adults 2 teaspoons 3 times. The therapeutic course should not exceed 5 days. It is important to drink plenty of fluids during treatment.||Diarrhea and vomiting, allergies, rashes, heartburn.|
Drugs based on a medicinal substance are Lazolvan worth up to 360 rubles, Ambrohexal, worth up to 100 rubles, Ambroxol, worth up to 40 rubles, Flavamed, worth up to 200 rubles, Ambrobene, worth up to 200 rubles, Ambrosan, worth up to 100 rubles, and Halixol, costing up to 100 rubles.
- Indications. Increased sputum viscosity, mucolytic effect, expectorant effect.
- Contraindications. Age up to 2 years (for tablet forms), period of childbearing, up to 15 years - for Libexin Muno, Bronchobos capsules and Fluifort tablets, cystitis and glomerulonephritis, peptic ulcer.
- Side effect. Gastrointestinal bleeding, nausea and vomiting, itching, dizziness, urticaria.
- Dosage. 15 ml 3 times a day, not with meals. The therapeutic course should not exceed 8 days.
Of preparations based on carbocysteine:
- Fluditek syrup, worth up to 250 rubles;
- syrup and Fluifort tablets, costing up to 280 rubles;
- syrup and capsules Bronchobos, costing up to 220 rubles;
- Libexin Muno for adults and children separately at a price of 270 rubles.
Author of the article: Alekseeva Maria Yurievna | Therapist
Education: From 2010 to 2016 Practitioner of the therapeutic hospital of the central medical-sanitary unit No. 21, city of elektrostal. Since 2016 she has been working in the diagnostic center No. 3.
FeverCauses and symptoms of feverWhat is a fever?Fever is a rise in body temperature above 37 ° C Celsius. Most often, fever becomes one of the symptoms of infectious diseases of various origins and is accompanied by hyperemia of the skin, headache, thirst, confusion
Typhoid feverWhat is typhoid fever?Typhoid fever is an infectious disease from the group of anthroponoses with a fecal-oral transmission mechanism, caused by one of the varieties of Salmonella and proceeding with a predominant lesion of the lymphatic apparatus of the small intestine against a background of pronounced toxic manifestations
Causes of cough in babies, how to treat?Content:Causes of cough in infantsInfant cough without feverBarking cough in a babyHow to treat a cough in a babyA cough in a baby is a rather disturbing symptom. In most cases, it is accompanied by viral infections and colds
Child's Cough Is A Dry And Wet (wet) Cough In A Child. An Attack Of Allergic Cough In A Child Without Fever
Dry and moist (wet) cough in a childContent:Dry cough in a childMoist cough in a childWet cough treatmentCoughing fits in a childCough without feverAllergic cough in a childNight cough in a childChild cough compressA cough in a child is a symptom that occurs not necessarily due to colds, but due to the fact that it is a natural reaction of the body that helps cleanse the respiratory system from dust or from chemical elements that get from the air and irritate th
Vomiting in a child without fever and without diarrheaVomiting in a child without fever and diarrhea occurs quite often. Naturally, this condition causes serious concern for parents, since they often cannot find an explanation for what is happening