2023 Author: Josephine Shorter | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:52
Colpitis treatment with folk remedies
Colpitis is a very common gynecological disease in women of reproductive age. Despite the protective increased acidity and Doderlein's vaginal sticks, mucosal barriers are often overcome by allergic reactions, infections, diseases of the genital organs, mechanical and chemical injuries.
Despite the widespread prevalence, medicine has not developed a specific therapy for colpitis, since the causes of the disease can be so different that complex analyzes are required. Depending on what triggered the inflammation, the doctor designs a vaginitis control system for each patient individually.
At first, colpitis occurs in an acute form, with uncharacteristic discharge, pain on penetration, burning sensation during urination and other symptoms. If left untreated, or therapy does not work, colpitis becomes chronic, in which it often bothers with pain in the lower abdominal cavity. The intensity of the discharge adjusts to the monthly cycle, and itching and burning become constant.
- Chamomile baths
- An effective method, but not for the squeamish
- Other folk recipes for the treatment of colpitis
Using a decoction of chamomile is the easiest way to deal with colpitis. Symptoms such as a feeling of dryness, swelling and burning are relieved with the help of baths after two or three procedures. This is due to the pronounced anti-inflammatory properties of medicinal chamomile flowers, which can be purchased at any pharmacy.
Chamomile essential oil, in addition to the usual components for other medicinal plants, contains a unique component chamazulene, which is characterized by pronounced sedative, anti-inflammatory and local anesthetic properties.
Chamomile Bath Recipes
Chamomile baths. It is quite easy to prepare a chamomile bath: pour 10 grams of dried chamomile flowers (2 tablespoons) with one liter of boiling water, and heat in a water bath for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and leave to cool to 37-38 ° C. When the thermometer shows this temperature, pour the broth into a convenient container (for example, a small basin) and sit in a sitz bath for 15-20 minutes.
Douching with chamomile decoction. The same broth is used for douching. Douching is done with a syringe without a needle. A decoction of chamomile is drawn into a syringe, then injected into the vagina. After douching with chamomile, there is no dryness or irritation - it is hypoallergenic.
Chamomile bath. To obtain a complex effect, prepare a whole bath with chamomile. 200 g of flowers are poured with two liters of cold water, boiled in a water bath for 10 minutes. The resulting broth is infused for 2 hours, filtered and poured into a full bath of warm water. It is allowed to take a bath with chamomile broth for no more than half an hour, periodically adding hot water to maintain the temperature of 37-39 ° C.
Remember that it is not recommended to boil chamomile, since chamazulene partially decomposes when boiling, which can reduce the effectiveness of the infusion by one and a half to two times.
With the help of a chamomile bath, you can not only cure colpitis, but also significantly improve the condition of the skin and the respiratory system. Beneficial substances evaporate and enter the lungs while taking a bath, which forms the effect of inhalation, and penetrating through the skin help fight various inflammatory problems, irritations and peeling throughout the body. After such a water procedure, irritations are soothed, the epidermis is brightened, and blood circulation is improved, which contributes to the fight against cellulite.
An effective method for the disdainful
Drug treatment of colpitis often gives practically no results - many gynecological patients speak about this, and some suffer even for years and cannot find an effective remedy. However, one of the most effective means is called by the majority (who used this method) the method of douching with their own urine. Despite its "nuisance", this method is very effective and can relieve all symptoms of colpitis in a week.
The very essence of colpitis is a reaction to a change in the normal microflora of the vagina. Douching with urine fights against pathogenic organisms that prevent opportunistic, mostly beneficial bacteria from developing. Thus, the microflora is restored and the disease disappears.
How is the treatment carried out?
In order to cure colpitis by this method, you need to adhere to several rules:
- Use a medium portion of urine for procedures, as the initial portion is too clogged with waste products, and the final portion, on the contrary, is too weak. Therefore, the first and last third of the urine must be drained.
- For douching, it is advisable to use fresh morning urine; the procedure is also carried out in the morning, 14 days in a row;
- In the procedure, use only a clean syringe, without a needle.
In order to make a morning douching, when urinating, take the middle portion of urine, pump about 10 cubes into the syringe. Then insert the syringe into the vagina and rinse it. After the procedure, calmly continue your normal activities, remembering to leave a cotton swab moistened with urine in the vagina overnight. Tampons are also important at night!
Other folk recipes for the treatment of colpitis
Other traditional medicine recipes include:
- If the main symptom of colpitis is dryness, use sea buckthorn oil for daily lubrication. It comes in liquid and solid form - it is better to use liquid oil as a lubricant. Sea buckthorn oil is a very effective remedy, especially for cervical erosion.
- Take lemon balm and nettle leaves and valerian root. These ingredients must be mixed in a 1: 1: 1 ratio. Take two tablespoons of this mixture, grind in a blender or coffee grinder, then pour 500 ml of boiling water in a thermos. The solution must be allowed to stand overnight. The resulting infusion is taken in a quarter of a glass (approximately 50 g) half an hour before meals for a month without interruption. If there is no progress, the remedy is worth drinking an additional month.
When it is found that colpitis is provoked by the unicellular parasite Trichomonas, a decoction of the thigh will help to cure it. Boil 15 g of dried thighs for 15 minutes in 300 ml of water over low heat. Do not forget to add a tablespoon of honey to the broth, and stir it well. The resulting product must be taken every three hours in a tablespoon. As you know, the thigh helps well with purulent inflammations, acting gently and reliably.
- St. John's wort and centaury are the best remedies for itching and burning. To prepare the medicine, take a tablespoon of both herbs and pour a glass of water, then boil over low heat and let it brew for 15 minutes. Drink infusion in a tablespoon before meals.
Different douching recipes need to be applied in different ways:
- For unusual discharge, tincture of oak bark will help. Pour a tablespoon of bark with 300 ml of boiling water and boil for another 15 minutes in a water bath. Insist the broth in a thermos for another 12 hours. With the resulting remedy, douche daily before bedtime for 10 days.
- In a one-to-one ratio, mix cinquefoil and chamomile. The mixture is poured with boiling water and infused for about 20 minutes. The cooled product should be used for douching every day.
Rosehip decoction is a proven remedy for edema caused by colpitis. Pour half a liter of boiling water into 100 g of dried rose hips and wait until the infusion cools down. They need to douche in the morning and evening.
After the complete disappearance of the symptoms and external manifestations of colpitis, it is necessary for at least a month to carry out treatment with the method that gave the result. Next, you should take care of prevention.
Regardless of age, to maintain the health of the external genital organs will help:
- Thorough care of personal hygiene: obligatory washing twice a day, if possible using detergents with neutral pH, daily linen change, personal towels and grooming tools;
- Maintaining a stable state of the immune system: hardening, useful physical activity, the use of fresh and high-quality products with vitamins, adherence to sleep;
- Fermented milk products in the diet;
- Use of condoms during sexual intercourse. This makes it possible not only to avoid an unplanned pregnancy, but also to prevent sexual transmission of diseases, and also allows you to abandon potentially harmful hormonal and mechanical contraceptives (all kinds of pills, caps, spirals and similar contraceptives that affect the genital microflora).
The author of the article: Sokolova Nina Vladimirovna | Phytotherapist
Education: Diploma in "General Medicine" and "Therapy" received at the Pirogov University (2005 and 2006). Advanced training at the Department of Phytotherapy at the Peoples' Friendship University of Moscow (2008).