Treatment of lichen coloration with folk remedies
Tinea lichen is a dermatological disease. Fungal microorganisms are capable of provoking the development of the disease. The main manifestation of tinea versicolor is a skin rash. Sometimes they itch, may be complicated by the addition of a secondary infection. The color of the spots varies widely from pink to dark brown. The same goes for their sizes. The skin at the site of the lesion will peel off. Deprive can be infected from infected people, through household and contact. Sometimes lichen coloration manifests itself immediately, and sometimes it makes itself felt only against the background of a decrease in immunity.
Treatment for lichen coloration should be prompt. The sooner it is started, the smaller areas of the dermis will be infected. Moreover, lichen is a contagious disease, so a person is a carrier of the fungus and endangers other people.
Since there are many pathogens of lichen, you should consult a doctor for a diagnosis of the disease. Traditional methods of treatment are not always effective. The explanation for this can be found quite simple - one lichen pathogen reacts to the therapy, and the other turns out to be insensitive to it. Nevertheless, you should not give up folk remedies, as they allow you to speed up recovery, but they must be applied correctly. An excellent effect can be achieved by combining several methods of therapy at the same time. For example, the affected skin is wiped with vinegar (9%), and then medicated ointments are applied to it.
Using folk remedies does not imply abandoning traditional medicine. As prescribed by the doctor, you should use medicinal ointments, take tablets with an antifungal effect. The use of immunomodulators and immunostimulants is possible.
- Birch tar in the treatment of colored lichen
- Ointments for the treatment of colored lichen
- Furacilin and acetylsalicylic acid
- An effective remedy for the treatment of lichen
- Raisins to combat color versicolor
- Garlic in the treatment of lichen
- Non-standard treatments for lichen coloration
Birch tar in the treatment of colored lichen
To get rid of many dermatological diseases, birch tar is used. Tinea lichen is no exception to this list. The effectiveness of tar is not denied even by official medicine. It is included in the composition of Vishnevsky's ointment and Wilkinson's ointment, and birch tar-based soap can also be found on sale.
Colored lichen often develops in adolescents. Their body undergoes hormonal changes, because the immune forces are almost always weakened. Taking potent drugs in this age period is undesirable. Birch tar helps to solve the problem. It helps to destroy pathogenic microflora, accelerates the regeneration of the skin, has a drying and keratolytic effect.
Folk recipes for the treatment of lichen with birch tar:
- Mix birch tar and butter in equal proportions. The finished composition is applied to the skin, and covered with a gauze bandage on top. Tar helps to destroy pathogenic flora, and butter has a moisturizing effect, nourishing the skin. Since tar has a pungent smell, the procedure is best done in the evening. The dressing can be left on overnight.
- Mix three parts of birch tar and one part of birch log ash. The finished product is applied to the skin and left for several hours.
- Birch tar and fish oil are mixed in equal proportions. A gauze cloth is impregnated with this composition and applied to the affected skin. Then the lotion is removed, and after another 2 hours the treatment site is lubricated with Zinc ointment.
- Unrefined tar can be mixed with salicylic acid and applied to the skin.
Inside, birch tar is not consumed, since it contains carcinogens. Before using tar for the first time, you should make sure that the body does not react to it with allergic manifestations. For this, a small amount of the product is applied to the wrist or elbow fold.
You can also use tar soap to treat the color of lichen. It is sold at the pharmacy. The darker the soap, the more tar it contains. It is such a tool that will allow you to achieve maximum effect.
To destroy the fungal flora, you should lather the affected area so that foam appears. It is left on the skin until it dries completely. The course of treatment is 14 days. Then you should take a break to avoid addiction.
Find out more: Birch Tar
Ointments for the treatment of colored lichen
Colorectal lichen responds well to therapy with an ointment that contains sulfur and benzyl benzoate. Sulfur ointment is sold separately, and benzyl benzoate is available as an emulsion. The components of the drug should be mixed in equal proportions. The composition is applied to the affected skin 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 3 days.
Inexpensive pharmacy ointments that can also be used to treat lichen coloration:
- Candide 1%. The cream is applied to the skin, which must be cleaned and dried beforehand. The course of treatment is no more than 3 weeks. The cream helps to destroy the fungi that are the causative agents of lichen.
- Nitrofungin. The ointment allows you to destroy mycotic microorganisms, and also fights against bacterial flora. The drug does not irritate the skin, and fungi are not able to develop resistance to it. If, after applying Nitrofungin, irritation or discomfort appears on the skin, then the product should be diluted slightly with water. To prevent the solution from spreading, it must be used correctly. To do this, a cotton swab is dipped into the solution and with its help the agent is applied to the skin. The procedure should be repeated three times a day, until the rash is completely gone. During treatment, contact with direct sunlight should be avoided.
- Tetracycline ointment. This drug has a pronounced antibacterial effect. It should be used in the treatment of lichen coloration only when a secondary infection is attached.
Furacilin and acetylsalicylic acid
Acetylsalicylic acid. Acetylsalicylic acid is available in tablet form. Also, this drug is popularly known as Aspirin. To prepare a product that could be used to treat lichen, the tablets must be crushed and mixed with alcohol (40 ° C). When the mixture is smooth, it is applied to the skin. A plaster is attached on top. Such a simple procedure allows you to get rid of lichen in the shortest possible time.
Important note. A solution of acetylsalicylic acid and alcohol should not be applied to hairy areas of the body. This can provoke their thinning and loss. Also, the drug is not used to treat sensitive skin. In this case, the risk of developing an allergic reaction increases.
Furacilin. Furacilin is available in pill form in pharmacies. This medication is a strong topical antiseptic. For the treatment of shingles, tablets are crushed into powder and mixed with water. To obtain a solution of the desired concentration, take 100 ml of water for 7 tablets. With this solution, wipe the affected areas and leave to dry completely. Then you can additionally treat the skin with a solution of potassium permanganate.
An effective remedy for the treatment of lichen
To quickly get rid of colored lichen, you can use an ointment called YAM-1. This drug is available from veterinary stores, but it is also suitable for treating humans.
The composition of YAM-1 is diverse. It contains birch tar, sulfur, zinc oxide, salicylic acid, turpentine, etc. All these components have a pronounced fungicidal effect. In addition, it prevents the growth of bacterial flora, reduces itching and burning, which often accompany lichen skin lesions.
YM-1 does not irritate the dermis, as it contains petroleum jelly and lanolin. These ingredients have a softening effect.
Do not worry about the fact that this drug is intended for the treatment of animals. Most doctors are aware of its existence and do not deny the effectiveness of such treatment. However, they cannot prescribe it to their patients, since it is prohibited. Therefore, if you want to quickly get rid of a skin disease, you can try YAM-1.
Raisins to combat color versicolor
You can try to get rid of colored lichen with raisins. To do this, take berries of a dark variety and rub them on the affected skin.
Raisins contain substances that contribute to the destruction of fungal flora. For humans, they are absolutely harmless. Such therapy is especially relevant for children.
Garlic in the treatment of lichen
You can use a garlic and honey-based remedy to get rid of lichen. To do this, a few cloves of the plant are grated and mixed with honey. The prepared gruel is applied to the affected skin and left for several hours. It is a safe and effective treatment for fungal infections. The therapy is carried out until complete recovery.
If there is no honey, or a person has an allergic reaction to it, then you can use pure garlic. It is crushed and rubbed into the affected skin, left for several hours.
You can wrap the chopped garlic in cheesecloth and apply it to the affected areas.
You can also use a mixture of grated garlic and lemon gruel. Such a composition is applied to the skin in the form of a compress and kept for two hours. Sometimes it is possible to achieve recovery in as little as 3 days.
Lemon in its pure form helps with lichen. It is applied to the affected skin for a few seconds, then removed. After 3 hours, the procedure is repeated again. High concentrations of citric acid kill the fungus and promote healing.
Find out more: The benefits and harms of garlic, garlic treatment
Non-standard treatments for lichen coloration
- Salt treatment. It is necessary to moisten the middle finger on the hand with your own saliva, lower it into a salt shaker with ordinary salt. Then this finger is rubbed on the affected areas of the skin. This is an unusual but effective method of fighting fungal infections.
From antiquity, the recipe for the treatment of deprivation with steam condensate migrated. To collect liquid, you need to breathe on a cold glass. The resulting condensate is collected with a cotton swab and applied to problem areas of the skin.
- Iodine and vodka. These two components are mixed in equal proportions and lubricated with lichen rashes.
- Ash obtained after burning a newspaper. When the paper burns down to the end, the resulting ash is applied in a warm form to the affected skin. Three procedures are enough to completely get rid of lichen.
The author of the article: Sokolova Nina Vladimirovna | Phytotherapist
Education: Diploma in "General Medicine" and "Therapy" received at the Pirogov University (2005 and 2006). Advanced training at the Department of Phytotherapy at the Peoples' Friendship University of Moscow (2008).