Properties, application and treatment with celandine
- Chemical composition
- Useful properties and application
- How to prepare juice, tincture and decoction?
- Celandine treatment
- Celandine cancer treatment
- Instructions for the use of celandine
- Contraindications to celandine treatment
The celandine plant belongs to the poppy family and the dicotyledonous genus. It is a tall, perennial herb with a hollow stem and lyre-like dark green leaves. Celandine blooms with yellow flowers, and then small pods ripen in their place, which crack in two and throw out seeds. The plant bears fruit 2-3 times per summer, therefore it multiplies effectively and is found almost everywhere.
Science knows two types of celandine:
- Chelidonium asiaticum - Asian (30-50 cm tall);
Chelidonium majus is large (50-120 cm tall).
Both types of plants are poisonous, but they have a number of useful properties, therefore, they have been actively used for a long time in both Eastern and European folk medicine. The Russian-language name of this herb speaks for itself - it "cleans the body" of warts, acne and non-healing wounds. And the Latin name has a beautiful history of origin: at the time of Avicenna, it was believed that swallows cure the festering and blind eyes of their chicks with the bitter juice of celandine. Hence the term Chelidonium (literally "swallow"). In ancient Russia, celandine had numerous characteristic nicknames: yellow milk, podtinnik, warthog, purity, dog soap.
The chemical composition of celandine
The leaves, stems, rhizomes and bitter milk of celandine contain:
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and carotene (vitamin A);
- Organic acids (malic, citric, succinic);
- Essential oils, bitterness, resins and saponins;
- Natural antibiotics (phytoncides);
- Poisonous alkaloids (chelidonine, sanguinarine, protopine, allokryptopin, coptisine).
Special attention should be paid to chelidonin and its derivatives: oxychelidonin, homohelidonin and methoxychelidonin. This alkaloid is a direct relative of morphine, which is not surprising, because celandine is a relative of poppy. Helidonin in small doses has an analgesic effect, and in large doses it causes convulsions and paralysis of the nervous system. The highest content of alkaloids in the rhizomes of celandine (up to 0.5%), however, the leaves of the plant are also poisonous, so livestock in pastures bypasses it.
Useful properties of celandine and its application
With the proper skill and care, celandine can be cured of many diseases.
Due to its complex and rich biologically active composition, celandine has a multifaceted effect on the human body:
- Wound healing;
- Bile and diuretic;
Celandine is used to treat diseases:
- Skin - psoriasis, scabies, acne, warts and papillomas, mycoses, eczema, burns, wounds and ulcers;
- ENT organs and respiratory system - runny nose, bronchitis, tracheitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis, pneumonia, asthma, whooping cough, tuberculosis;
Gastrointestinal tract - gastritis, stomach ulcer, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, hepatitis, enterocolitis;
- Joints and bones - rheumatism, radiculitis, gout, osteochondrosis, arthritis and arthrosis;
- Nervous system - headaches, migraines, neuroses;
- Female genital organs - vaginitis, colpitis, cervicitis, endometriosis, cervical erosion.
In addition, celandine is used to relieve pain (dental, menstrual, articular) and inhibit the development of malignant tumors. The anticarcinogenic properties of this poisonous plant are now being actively studied, since it was found that celandine tincture prevents the appearance of metastases.
In animals, it causes at the beginning a state of oppression, and after it comes complete paralysis of the nervous system. Overdose can lead to very severe seizures, so be sure to follow the dosage.
Sanguinarine can have a similar effect. Only he is still able to increase the activity of the intestines and increase the secretion of saliva, and can also have a local anesthetic effect. As numerous studies have shown, celandine has the most basic properties - these are antispasmodic, choleretic and anti-inflammatory.
How to prepare juice, tincture and decoction of celandine?
Tincture of celandine
The medicine can be purchased ready-made, but since celandine grows almost everywhere, it is not worth spending money. Go for grass in early summer, when the plant has bloomed for the first time and the leaves are still fresh and fleshy. Wash them thoroughly, chop finely and fill a liter jar to the top with raw materials, then fill with 70% medical alcohol and leave in a dark, dry place for 2 weeks. In addition, if you can infuse celandine tincture for 5-6 months, then you will receive an even more concentrated and highly effective medicine.
It is better to treat serious diseases, especially oncological ones, with the help of alcohol tincture, since in ordinary decoctions and aqueous infusions, the concentration of alkaloids is an order of magnitude lower. In addition, alcohol tincture can be stored for a long time and is economically consumed. After waiting six months, you will receive a high-quality and effective medicine with virtually no investment.
It is necessary to start treating with tincture of celandine only when the expected benefit is greater than the possible risk. Remember that this is essentially a potent herbal poison that you need to gradually get used to. The first 3-4 weeks, the tincture is taken 5-10 drops per day, and then every week the dosage is increased by 10 drops, and so on up to 50. The duration of the course of treatment depends on the type of disease: for example, in cancer and tuberculosis, celandine tincture is taken for at least six months.
It is possible to prepare tinctures from celandine not only alcohol, but also water-based:
Water infusion. To prepare a water-based celandine decoction, 1 tablespoon of dry herb of celandine and 1 glass of boiling water are needed. Pour the herb with a glass of boiling water, then cover and leave for 30-40 minutes. Further, the infusion must be filtered and taken chilled in 2/3 cup 15 minutes before meals. This tincture is used to normalize the liver.
In folk medicine, there are 2 ways to make juice from celandine:
- The first method: from fresh, freshly collected stalks of celandine up to 15 cm long, along with flowers, it is quite possible to prepare the juice of this herb for the winter. To prepare juice for the winter from raw materials of celandine, the leaves must be passed through a meat grinder, and then squeezed thoroughly. The resulting juice should be placed in the refrigerator for three days, and then the juice should be filtered through cheesecloth, poured into a clean dish and covered with a lid with small holes so that the gas does not accumulate in the jar during the fermentation of the juice. After three weeks the process of juice fermentation in the jar will end and the finished celandine juice will be able to stand in the refrigerator until the next "harvest" of grass.
In the second way, the juice from celandine can be prepared as follows: it is necessary to carefully cut the stems of the grass 12-15 cm long together with the flowers, then pass them through a meat grinder and squeeze the juice, as in the first method. Then add alcohol or vodka at the rate of 500 g of vodka or 250 g of alcohol per 1 liter of juice.
Celandine juice, as it has already become clear, is very useful: it can cure about 250 skin and other diseases, for example, herpes, burns, acne, acne, lupus, fungus, fistulas, scabies, peeling, condylomas, polyps and so on.
To prepare a decoction of celandine, fresh or pre-dried raw materials are required (sold in a pharmacy).
Pour 1 teaspoon of dry raw materials with a glass of boiling water, let it brew for 15 minutes, then strain. The broth is good for diseases of the liver, gallbladder, duodenum, as well as for diseases of the bladder. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 5-7 days.
Learn more: Kvass on celandine according to Bolotov
Celandine is successfully used to combat the initial forms of tuberculosis of the skin, true adenomatous polyps of the large intestine, erosion of the cervix, papillomatosis of the intestines and larynx. Also, eczema, lichen and acne can be treated very well with celandine, in addition, celandine promotes the healing of purulent ulcers and wounds.
Celandine in homeopathy is very often used for liver diseases that are difficult to diagnose and recognize, while they have the following symptoms: feeling unwell in damp weather, while in a warm room it becomes sharply better, the appearance of a sharp feeling of aversion to cold drinks and meat, the appearance of craving for hot coffee. In rare cases, homeopaths themselves prescribe celandine for diseases such as pneumonia, pleurisy, gout, headaches accompanied by dizziness and general weakness, stomach and liver cancer.
Celandine for skin diseases
If the lesion is small, it should be lubricated with freshly squeezed milk of celandine in the morning and evening for 10-14 days.
If psoriasis has struck large areas of the skin, baths are taken during the same period: for every 3 liters of boiling water, they take 25 grams of chopped grass, brew it and wait until the infusion cools down to a comfortable temperature.
The most powerful remedy for psoriasis is a decoction of celandine roots. They are first kept in hot water for 2 hours until softened, and then boiled for half an hour, cooled, filtered and lotions are made from sterile gauze for 2-3 hours.
Warts and papillomas
These ugly blemishes are caused by the human papillomavirus. You can cauterize and remove the wart with the help of fresh celandine juice, as our ancestors did in ancient times. The skin around the papilloma or warts is protected with a baby cream, and juice is applied to the neoplasm itself every 2-3 hours every day until the wart is completely dry and the surface heals.
Fresh celandine juice mixed in equal parts with propolis alcohol tincture, which can be purchased at the pharmacy, also helps well. The method of application is the same.
Local treatment of papillomas and warts with celandine is best combined with a decoction or infusion:
An alcoholic infusion is prepared for 2 weeks from half a liter of alcohol and 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dried celandine; take it 10-15 drops before meals for a month.
- The broth is done like this: 2 tbsp. tablespoons of fresh celandine pour two glasses of cold water, boil, leave for 2 hours, then send to the refrigerator and take 1 tbsp. spoon before meals.
Acne and blackheads
If you have dry and sensitive skin, the best way to get rid of acne is with lotion. To cook it, take 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dried celandine, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, let it brew for 3 hours, strain thoroughly and hide in the refrigerator. In the morning and evening, wipe your face with a cotton pad dipped in lotion for at least 10 minutes in a row.
Also a good recipe for dry skin is celandine ointment. It can be made independently from cosmetic petroleum jelly and freshly squeezed plant juice in proportions of 5/1. The ointment is stored in the refrigerator and lubricated on the face at night 2 for at least two weeks in a row.
An alcohol lotion is used to treat oily skin acne. For its preparation, take the juice of one cucumber, 100 ml of alcohol and 50 ml of freshly squeezed juice of celandine. All components are mixed and insisted in the refrigerator for 10 days, and then wipe oily skin with this lotion in the morning and evening.
For any skin type, the treatment of acne and acne with celandine with the help of cosmetic masks is relevant. They need to be done 2-3 times a week. Take the yolk of one egg, a teaspoon of celandine juice and a teaspoon of olive oil, mix everything and apply on your face for 10-15 minutes.
Take 20 g of dry crushed raw materials of celandine herb, poured into an enamel bowl, poured with a glass of water (boiling water), then everything must be covered and heated in a water bath for about 15 minutes, then cooled at room temperature for 45 minutes. Next, the broth should be filtered and poured into a glass dish with a good cork. The decoction has a shelf life of no more than two days. The resulting broth of celandine should be lubricated with diseased areas of the body.
Take 10 g of dry crushed celandine raw materials and the same amount of dandelion raw materials, everything is placed in an enameled dish. Dry chopped herbs must be poured with a glass of boiling water, after which everything is covered with a lid and boiled for 30 minutes in a water bath. Next, the broth must be cooled at room temperature for about 15 minutes. After the agent must be filtered, thoroughly squeezed out the raw materials and pour the broth to a glass container with a good, tight cork. The shelf life of this broth is no more than two days; it must be stored in a cool place. This broth also needs to be moistened with diseased parts of the body.
Quite often, an infusion of celandine herb is used to treat various types of itchy skin diseases that are in the stage of a strong inflammatory process.
Most often used for the treatment of baths filled with infusion of celandine. You need to take 10 g of raw materials of celandine per 100 ml of boiling water, brew it, then everything is cooled to 37 ° C, the baths are applied daily, lasting 15–20 minutes. After 2-3 days of such treatment, the result becomes visible: itching decreases, hyperemia decreases, edema disappears, the combed surface of the skin heals. To eliminate dandruff in the hair roots, you need to rub an infusion of celandine herb.
To remove warts, genital warts, polyps, calluses, you need fresh milky juice or extract, which must be diluted in glycerin. The same composition is used to treat skin cancer - there are cases when this led to a complete recovery of patients.
You can reduce warts in the following way. The wart must be slightly moistened with water, then scrape off the top layer a little (a sterile cutting instrument is required, but ordinary pumice stone can also come off), after 2-3 times a day, the wart must be rubbed with fresh celandine juice, which is abundantly released from the root cut or aerial part plants.
Treatment of gynecological diseases with celandine
Celandine is used for the following gynecological diseases:
- Thrush. For oral administration, a decoction is prepared from 1 glass of water and 1 tbsp. tablespoons of chopped celandine. Boil for 10 minutes, cool, filter and divide into 2 doses during the day. Treatment continues for 14 days. All this time, you need to douch and take baths with celandine. For 3 liters of boiling water, take 3 tablespoons of chopped grass, steam it, cool it and sit in a basin for 10-15 minutes.
- Climax. Take 2 parts of chamomile and yarrow herb, as well as 1 part of goose cinquefoil and fresh celandine. Prepare an infusion of these herbs (1 tablespoon of the mixture in 1 glass of water), divide into three doses and drink every day for a month. Hot flashes and mood swings will stop.
- Endometritis. Pour 1 tablespoon of fresh celandine leaves with a glass of boiling water, wait two hours, strain, divide into three doses and drink during the day. In this way, endometritis must be treated for at least 20 days in order for a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect to occur.
- Cervical erosion. For three liters of boiling water, take 2-3 tablespoons of chopped celandine, steam the grass in a bowl and wait until it cools down to room temperature. Take sitz baths for 15-30 minutes every day for 10 days in a row.
- Uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts. Neoplasms in the female reproductive organs are best treated in the same way as oncology - with the help of alcohol tincture of celandine, the recipe for its preparation and recommendations for admission are described above.
Celandine for male problems
Celandine is used for the following diseases:
- Hemorrhoids. This ailment most often affects men who lead a sedentary lifestyle or spend a lot of time driving. Treatment of hemorrhoids with celandine is carried out using enemas. It is necessary to take the herb of celandine at the rate of half a gram per 1 kg of the patient's weight, pour it 10 times with a large volume of hot water, leave for 2 hours. During this time, the solution will cool down to about body temperature. The patient is placed on his right side and the medicine is injected with a pear into the rectum. We must try to do this for a couple of hours. Enemas with celandine not only perfectly heal, but also relieve pain in hemorrhoids.
- BPH. To stop the acute inflammatory process, you need to dilute 2 teaspoons of celandine juice in half a glass of water every day for a week and drink this solution at any convenient time. Treatment of prostate adenoma with celandine will be more effective if supplemented with herbal enemas with chamomile, sage and 1 tablespoon of celandine juice.
Celandine treatment of gastrointestinal diseases
Celandine is used for the following gastrointestinal diseases:
- Cholecystitis. Alcohol tincture of celandine, prepared independently according to our prescription or bought in a pharmacy, for cholecystitis and gallstone disease, take 10 drops a day for two weeks, while observing a strict diet prescribed by a doctor.
- Cirrhosis of the liver. For 2 parts of dried celandine, take 1 part of yarrow, adonis and horsetail. Twice a day, prepare an infusion from a glass of boiling water and two teaspoons of such a mixture, soak it for 15-20 minutes and drink it completely before eating. You can also take a teaspoon of fresh celandine juice three times a day, but side effects are possible, although the effectiveness will be higher.
Hepatitis. Take one part of dried celandine and calamus rhizomes. An infusion is prepared from two teaspoons of such a mixture and a glass of boiling water for 60 minutes, then it is divided into 6 parts and taken during the day. The course of treatment for hepatitis with celandine is 2-3 weeks.
A decoction of the following components also helps well:
- Dried celandine - 3 parts;
- Dandelion root - 1 part;
- Anise fruits - 2 parts;
- Corn silk - 2 parts;
- Cumin - 2 parts.
For 2 cups of water, take 1 tablespoon of the collection and boil for 5 minutes, then cool and filter. You need to take such a medicine half a glass before meals for 7-10 days.
- Gastritis. The collection for the treatment of gastritis with celandine, in addition to the plant itself, should contain equal parts of coltsfoot, peppermint, elecampane, St. John's wort and chamomile. The infusion is prepared in the evening, in proportions of 1 tbsp. a spoonful of raw materials in a glass of boiling water. In the morning it is filtered and divided into three doses. Elecampane can be replaced with nettle or sage. The goal of treating gastritis with celandine and preparations based on it is not only to heal the mucous membrane, but also to normalize acidity and eliminate heartburn.
Treatment of kidney disease with celandine
Celandine is used for the following kidney diseases:
- Pyelonephritis. In acute pyelonephritis, take a teaspoon of dried celandine and cornflower flowers, steamed with three glasses of boiling water and insist for about an hour. The finished infusion is filtered, cooled and stored in the refrigerator, and you need to take it in a quarter of a glass before meals for 10-14 days, until the symptoms of pyelonephritis disappear.
- Stones in the kidneys. It will not be possible to remove stones from the kidneys with celandine, but you can use alcohol tincture as an aid. Taking 10 drops a day will help prevent new kidney stones from forming.
Celandine for respiratory diseases
Celandine is used for the following respiratory diseases:
- Runny nose and sinusitis. Acute rhinitis is perfectly treated with freshly squeezed celandine juice. Bury the juice with a whole pipette into each nasal passage 3 times a day for a week - this will eliminate a runny nose and prevent the development of sinusitis. If complications could not be avoided, you need to combine instillation of celandine in the nose with the intake of infusion: pour 1 tablespoon of herbs with a glass of boiling water, wait an hour, strain and take during the day in three doses. Treatment of sinusitis with celandine usually lasts 7-14 days.
- Angina. Take in equal parts dried celandine, chamomile, sage and St. John's wort. Prepare an infusion in a water bath (10-15 minutes) from a tablespoon of this mixture and one glass of boiling water.
- With this infusion, while it is warm, you need to gargle at least six times a day to achieve a good effect: the pain will subside, and the purulent plugs with follicular angina will disappear on their own in a week.
- Bronchitis and pneumonia. To relieve an exhausting cough, you need to take 1 part of dried celandine, 2 parts of licorice root and 2 parts of pine buds. Put a tablespoon with a slide of such a mixture in a saucepan, pour boiling water over and cover with a lid, wait 5 minutes, then remove the lid, sit over the pan, cover your head with a blanket and breathe in steam for 10-15 minutes, adding boiling water as needed. In addition to inhalation, with severe bronchitis and pneumonia, it is recommended to take a decoction of celandine inside (1 tablespoon per glass of boiling water). Remember that inhalation cannot be carried out if the patient has a fever!
Treatment of joints with celandine
Celandine is used for the following joint diseases:
- Osteochondrosis and rheumatism. Mix half a glass of celandine juice with a glass of alcohol or vodka, heat this mixture, but do not bring to a boil. Take a large piece of clean gauze and apply a compress by wrapping a warm scarf over your sore back or limb. With such a compress, you can go to bed all night.
- Arthritis and arthrosis. If there is an inflammatory process in the joint, it is categorically impossible to use hot alcohol compresses for treatment. But you can do temporary (for 2-3 hours) wraps and lotions using a mixture of alcohol and celandine juice. It relieves pain well and facilitates the movement of painful joints.
- Gout. Gouty fingers can be treated with celandine baths. Three tablespoons of fresh chopped grass or one spoonful of chopped roots are poured with half a liter of boiling water, wait for the infusion to cool to an acceptable temperature (it should be hot) and lower your palms there. For such procedures, it is good to use a large frying pan - covering it with a lid, you will be able to infuse the medicine better, in addition, it is convenient to put your hands in the pan.
Celandine can also help with:
- Toothache. For toothache use a decoction of celandine and Kalanchoe. To prepare this broth, 1 part of Kalanchoe juice is taken, 1 part of celandine juice. Everything should be mixed well, moistened with a cotton swab in the resulting mass and applied to a sore tooth.
- Diseases of the stomach are treated with celandine juice, which must be drunk, as follows: the first day - 1 teaspoon of juice 3 times a day before meals. Day two and all other juice should be taken 1 tablespoon 3 times a day before meals. How to make celandine juice?
- Treatment of the nasopharynx, maxillary cavities, frontal sinuses, gums. Celandine juice must be instilled with a pipette into each nostril. During the instillation, after 1-2 drops of juice, a slight tingling will be felt, 3-5 minutes after the juice of one or two drops is absorbed, the tingling in the nostrils will pass, then the instillation must be repeated. Thus, a total pipette of celandine juice should "go" into each nostril. If at this moment the nose was blocked, then immediately breathing through the nose will be relieved.
- Ear diseases. To prepare an ointment from celandine, crushed leaves are needed. Mixed 50 g of celandine, 25 g of lanolin, 25 g of petroleum jelly. With such an ointment it is necessary to lubricate the outer skin and the ear canal itself 2-3 times a day.
Celandine can also treat periodontal disease, liver disease, gallbladder disease, it can be instilled into the eyes, if there is a thorn and trachoma, it can be placed on a sore tooth. If there are polyps in the rectum, you need to make an enema of 50-60 g of water with the addition of 5-7 drops of celandine juice.
Celandine cancer treatment
The general recommendation for cancer patients is to either take freshly squeezed celandine juice, starting with half a teaspoon three times a day, gradually increasing the dosage to 1 tablespoon every 10 days, or treat with alcoholic tincture according to the method described above. It is imperative to take breaks between short courses of 1-2 weeks, so that there is no intoxication of the body and the addictive effect of your disease.
There are special recommendations for the following types of cancer:
- Breast cancer. 4 tablespoons of crushed celandine rhizomes need to be poured with one liter of boiling water, wrap a jar and wait a few hours. Strain the cooled infusion and take half a glass three times a day before meals. The scheme for the treatment of breast cancer with celandine is as follows: 10 days of taking the medicine, then 10 days off; 5 days of medication, 5 days off. So you can be treated for six months, and then pause for a whole month.
- Lungs' cancer. Take the stems of fresh celandine, peel the leaves, cut a liter or three-liter jar to the height, tamp them tightly there in an upright position and fill it with rubbing alcohol. Soak a tightly closed jar in a dark, dry place for 3-4 weeks, then strain the infusion and take it half a teaspoon three times a day according to the scheme: 2 weeks treatment, 2 weeks off.
Stomach cancer. Every day you need to prepare a fresh broth in a water bath for 15 minutes, from a tablespoon of celandine and 1 glass of water, cool it and drink it in three doses before meals.
The scheme for treating stomach cancer with celandine is as follows: 10 days of intake, 10 days off; 14 days reception, 14 days off; 7 days reception, 7 days off. A mixture of 1 part alcoholic tincture of celandine, 3 parts alcoholic tincture of peppermint and 6 parts of rosehip syrup also helps well. This medicine is drunk 2 tablespoons three times a day 15 minutes before meals for 2-4 weeks.
General recommendation for treatment
In order to prepare an infusion of celandine for the treatment of cancer, it is necessary to take 1 tablespoon of dry crushed raw materials of celandine, pour 1 glass of boiling water (in a thermos), let it brew for 1 or 1.5 hours, then strain the product and take 1-2 tablespoons 3 times a day 20-30 minutes before meals. This infusion should be used for cancer of internal organs, neoplasms on the skin, rectal polyps. An even greater effect will be if you apply celandine juice or infusion topically.
Celandine ointment. Take 20 g of powder made from celandine herb, 10 g of lanolin, 70 g of petroleum jelly. All ingredients must be thoroughly mixed and used to treat skin cancer (it is necessary to lubricate the affected area 2-3 times a day). This ointment also very well helps to cope with calluses, warts, papillomas, condylomas, is a good remedy for psoriasis, eczema and skin tuberculosis.
To prevent the growth of metastases, an infusion of celandine mixed with calendula and nettle can help well. All herbs must be taken in equal parts, finely chopped and mixed 1 tablespoon of the herbal collection with a glass of boiling water in a thermos. It is recommended to take the infusion in 0.5 cups on an empty stomach in the morning, and the second half of the glass in the evening, before dinner.
Instructions for the use of celandine in traditional medicine:
Contraindications to celandine treatment
Celandine is a poisonous plant! It is not for nothing that livestock in pastures never undertakes to chew celandine. The celandine contains chelidonine, which is capable of initially causing a depression in animals, after which complete paralysis of the entire nervous system of the animal sets in. This substance is very similar in its action to morphine. For this reason, when using this plant, you need to be extremely careful or use it in small quantities along with other herbs.
Celandine can cause severe irritation and inflammation of the entire digestive tract, and can also lower blood pressure. In case of an overdose or poisoning with celandine, the following symptoms are observed: severe thirst, heaviness of the head, stomach, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, dizziness is possible, in rare cases there is even loss of consciousness or hallucinations. This happens due to the fact that a sufficiently large amount of alkaloids is present in the juice of celandine.
Since celandine is poisonous, it should not be taken by young children and pregnant women, even if there is a reason for it. The underdeveloped protective functions of the child's body will not allow him to quickly cope with intoxication. And, getting into the blood of the expectant mother, celandine alkaloids can poison the fetus and cause the effect of short-term oxygen starvation.
In case of poisoning. In the event that celandine poisoning still occurs, you need to immediately stop taking it, thoroughly rinse the stomach, after which you should still consult a doctor.
With epilepsy. Celandine should not be taken by people with epilepsy, as it has the ability to cause seizures. You should not use celandine and persons suffering from severe mental disorders, especially those who have psychosis.
With other diseases. Contraindications for the use of celandine include bronchial asthma, angina pectoris, cardiac decompensation of I and II degrees, as well as various neurological diseases. You can not use celandine juice if there is a possibility of it getting on the skin where there is damage, as it will cause a strong inflammatory process.
Bowel problems. When celandine is used internally, constipation or dysbiosis may appear. This can happen because celandine juice can cause a violation of the intestinal microflora. To get rid of this, you can use the good old recipe: heat the milk to keep it warm, dissolve a piece of butter in it and make an enema. Calculation of proportions - 300 ml of milk per 30 g of butter. When a milk or butter enema is given, it is best to lie with your head slightly below the pelvis. It is quite enough to do an enema from milk and butter 1-2 times a day for two or maybe even five weeks, it's easier to say how long it will take to get rid of this problem.
For people with hypotension, celandine is contraindicated, since it further lowers blood pressure. But for hypertensive patients, such a remedy is just right. For easily excitable people suffering from insomnia, and, moreover, serious diseases of the central nervous system and psyche, celandine is not recommended, because it can cause anxiety, convulsions and even clouding of consciousness in case of an overdose.
Cases of individual intolerance to celandine are rare, but if you are allergic to it, you will notice it on the first contact. When using medicinal herbs, you should always listen to your feelings - the body itself will tell you that this plant is not suitable for it. Severe itching, redness and especially swelling when the skin comes into contact with celandine indicates the danger of further use.
In the end, let us return once again to the question of the advisability of treatment with celandine. As we have already said, it is advisable to decide on the use of a knowingly poisonous plant only when the benefits of its use will most likely outweigh the harm. And this means that it is necessary to be treated with celandine for good reason, and not just for prevention or experiment. Take care of yourself and be healthy!
Consultation of phytotherapist Khalisat Suleimanova on the use of hemlock, aconite and celandine
The author of the article: Sokolova Nina Vladimirovna | Phytotherapist
Education: Diploma in "General Medicine" and "Therapy" received at the Pirogov University (2005 and 2006). Advanced training at the Department of Phytotherapy at the Peoples' Friendship University of Moscow (2008).
Popular by topic
Honey, lemon and garlic, a recipe for cleaning blood vesselsIf you combine honey, lemon and garlic together, then you will be able to create a remedy that is unique in its effectiveness. All components are perfectly combined and complementary with each other
Blood sugar rateBlood glucose is a sugar that is carried by the bloodstream to all cells in the body to supply them with energy. The body regulates blood glucose levels so that they remain moderate: enough to fuel cells, but not enough to overload blood flow
General urine analysis: norm and interpretation of resultsUrine is a biological fluid, the end result of the natural process of human life. It is formed in the kidneys in two complex stages: glomerular filtration and reabsorption of water in the renal tubules
Analysis of feces for dysbiosis: interpretation of the resultsIn the intestines of an adult, an average of 2.5 to 3.5 kg of various bacteria live. The combination of these microorganisms is called microflora, and our health and well-being directly depends on the ratio of the number of its individual representatives
VertebrologistA vertebrologist is a doctor who diagnoses, treats and prevents diseases of the spine and musculoskeletal system.Vertebral neurology is the science of establishing links between diseases and neurological symptoms. This branch of science also has a close relationship with neurology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, manual therapy, etc