Erva woolly (Pol-Pala grass): instruction
What is this Pol-Pala herb?
Erva woolly (Pol-Pala) - from the Amarantov family was brought from the tropical island of Ceylon to the European continent. Until now, in the field of medicine, its first name is most often used, leaving the second to botanists. At present, woolly Erva is successfully cultivated in Russia.
In 1992, she half-died replenished the official register of medicinal plants of the country. Instructions for its use are approved by the RF Ministry of Health.
Half-pala is appreciated not for its beauty, but for its unique healing qualities. The composition of the woolly erva allows its effective use in many diseases.
Erva woolly has the following properties:
- Stone removing.
- Stone dissolving.
- Wound healing.
- Hypoazotemic (reducing the amount of ammonia in the blood).
Despite the diuretic effect, it maintains a normal electrolyte balance of potassium and is excreted from the body in a very limited amount. In this respect, an analogy can be drawn with the action of modern potassium-sparing diuretics.
This biennial plant cannot boast of any special decorative properties. It has a long, up to 140 cm, actively branching stem, which can be either erect or spread along the ground. In July, small, unremarkable white or greenish flowers appear, grouped in spike-shaped inflorescences. Blooms before the onset of cold weather. In greenhouse conditions, flowering lasts all year round. Small fruits have a characteristic elongated spout.
Latin name: AERVAE LANATAE HERBA
ATX code: C03X
Manufacturer: Apex, Start-Fito LLC, Krasnogorsk plant LRS (Russia)
Prices from: 60 rub.
- Useful properties of woolly Erva
- Possible side effects
- Decoction recipes, infusion and tincture
- Reviews about Paul-Pal
Useful properties of woolly Erva
The herb contains a large number of medicinal substances that help to cope with a wide range of painful conditions.
- Kidney disease. The plant helps with pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis. The effect is achieved by bacteriostatic action. Diuretic properties normalize the filtration function of the kidneys, eliminates edema. Erva woolly dissolves kidney stones of low density, and also promotes their excretion.
- Gout, uric acid stones. The disease disrupts the metabolism of uric acid in the body, as a result of which its crystals appear in the form of urate sand or stones in the kidneys and articular bags. Erva woolly allows not only to restrain the formation of urate stones, but also to quickly remove acid from the blood.
Prostatitis. Frequent among the male population, the disease can attack at any age. The reason, as a rule, is hormonal problems, as well as infections, impaired blood supply to the pelvic organs, and as a result - serious inflammatory processes in the tissues of the gland, passing to the urethra. Erva woolly, possessing outstanding antiseptic qualities, successfully fights inflammation.
- Diseases of the female sphere. Among women, inflammation of the appendages of the uterus is as widespread as prostatitis in men. The anti-inflammatory properties of the plant help to solve the problem. The herb, having the ability to restore normal hormonal balance, helps bring the menstrual cycle back to normal. She also found application in gynecology as an antineoplastic agent. Douching and external washing with preparations with woolly erva are used in the treatment of vaginitis, vulvitis.
Bladder diseases. When getting rid of cystitis, the combination of anti-inflammatory and diuretic components, which the woolly erva has, is highly valued. In case of urolithiasis, the herb provides effective assistance thanks to rhamnetin, which has strong diuretic properties, and various alkaloids and flavonoids that cope with inflammation. Medical science has not yet put an end to the question, which leads to the formation of stones in various organs, but it is clear that pathology must be fought, and the help provided by the woolly Erva is obvious and indisputable.
Hypertension. Due to its diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect, woolly Erva makes it possible to lower blood pressure.
Diabetes. The plant does not cancel insulin compensation, but it has a positive effect on the activity of the endocrine system. In type 2 diabetes, it helps to eliminate insulin resistance, helps the pancreas to produce insulin, and reduces the risk of complications.
Diseases of the skin. Decoctions and infusions, accelerating metabolic processes, are used as cosmetics. They actively contribute to improving skin condition, strengthening nails and hair. External application of half-pala gives a good result in eliminating acne, skin ulcers, boils.
Half-fell in weight loss
Erva woolly is recommended as part of a set of measures necessary for losing weight. Its composition makes it possible to maintain a normal state of the body with a lack of nutrients and trace elements. The diuretic properties of the plant help rid the body of excess water and thereby remove a couple of kilograms.
By the way, Russian scientists drew attention to the fact that in Sri Lanka, where woolly erva is widespread, there are much fewer cancer patients than in most countries of the world. Now in our country there is an active study of the possibility of a plant in the fight against a formidable disease.
Erva woolly is widely used in urology, nephrology, therapy, cardiology. The indications for its use are the following diseases:
- Chronic pyelonephritis and glomerulonephritis;
- Acute and chronic inflammation of the bladder wall (cystitis);
- Hepatitis and cirrhosis of the liver;
- Certain gynecological diseases (uterine fibroids, menstrual irregularities);
- Arthritis of various etiologies, accompanied by pain syndrome;
- Diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract (tracheitis, laryngitis, bronchitis, lobar pneumonia);
- Gastritis and stomach ulcers during calm periods;
- Reducing immunity and for the prevention of viral diseases (ARVI, ARI).
There are few contraindications for the use of woolly Erva. The main thing is the presence of osteoporosis, in which bone tissue has a low calcium content. For the same reason, half-pala cannot be used by patients suffering from calcium metabolism disorders - hypoparathyroidism, renal osteodystrophy against the background of chronic renal failure, rickets. The plant should be used with caution by people prone to allergic manifestations.
Since woolly Erva has pronounced diuretic qualities, it is prescribed with great caution to patients using medicinal diuretics.
Children under 12 years of age should not be treated with grass in any form. Its active components may not affect the unformed metabolism in the child's body for the better.
Possible side effects
As a rule, the body tolerates treatment well with woolly erva. Only in some cases does nausea and allergic reactions occur in the form of itching, rash, angioedema. In such situations, it is necessary to stop using the herb. In addition, prolonged use of half-burns leads to thinning of the enamel of the teeth.
Decoction recipes, infusion and tincture
At home, several medicinal forms are prepared from the medicinal herb.
Erva woolly decoction recipe
3 teaspoons of dry herbs are poured with water in an amount of half a liter, boiled over high heat for 5 minutes. The finished broth is filtered several times, poured into glassware and left in a dark place for 2-3 hours. For each day, it is necessary to prepare a fresh portion, so after this period the healing properties of the broth are lost.
Drink three times a day, 100 ml. It is recommended to drink the broth half an hour before meals. The course of admission is 10 days. After 3-4 months it is repeated. For a lasting result, 3 courses are carried out during the year.
Half-fallen flushes calcium from the body. To exclude the possibility of damage to the teeth, the broth is drunk through a straw, and then thoroughly rinse the mouth and use toothpaste.
It was the infusion of half-pala that won the fame of the best remedy for healing the kidneys. When used systematically, it provides crushing of stones, especially urates. To prepare the infusion, it is best to take a thermos, where you put 2 tablespoons of woolly Erva and 200 ml of boiling water. Infusion lasts an hour. Store the drug at 8-15 degrees for no more than 2 days.
- Adults - 2-3 doses per day, 50-100 ml at a time.
- Children 12-14 years old - a tablespoon 2-3 times a day.
- Teenagers over 14 years old - 2-3 times, 2 tablespoons a day.
For the period of treatment, a ban on the use of salty and spicy foods is imposed.
Fresh erva woolly grass finely chopped or chopped in a food processor is combined with a small amount of water and placed in a water bath until warmed. This is an effective remedy for getting rid of boils - accelerates their maturation, reduces inflammation, pain.
Reviews about Paul-Pal
According to most people who have experienced the effect of woolly erva, the plant justified their hopes of improving well-being. Healing properties were especially pronounced in the complex treatment of inflammation and their consequences in the urinary system, urolithiasis. At the same time, people note the importance of diet.
- Legumes, meat and meat broths - in the presence of urate stones.
- Cheese, other lactic acid products, black tea, coffee, black currants, sorrel - if calcium stones are found.
- Eggs, dairy products - with phosphate stones.
Pyelonephritis sufferers note that when using half-burnt between courses of medicinal antibacterial agents, urodynamics improves.
In patients with gout, erva woolly in the interictal period reduces pain in the joints, the content of uric acid. Subjective feelings are confirmed by the results of biochemical tests.
Some patients are convinced that half-fallen helped them get rid of fibroids.
The author of the article: Sokolova Nina Vladimirovna | Phytotherapist
Education: Diploma in "General Medicine" and "Therapy" received at the Pirogov University (2005 and 2006). Advanced training at the Department of Phytotherapy at the Peoples' Friendship University of Moscow (2008).