An osteopath is an alternative medicine doctor who treats the entire body with the hands.
Osteopathy is a type of manual therapy and belongs to alternative medicine.
Consultation with an osteopathic doctor is necessary for diseases of the spine, headaches, joint damage, loss of memory and attention, general fatigue, diseases of the nervous system, diseases of the cardiovascular, urinary, respiratory systems, as well as for recovery after surgery and injuries.
In contrast to manual therapy, in osteopathy, treatment is focused not only on the musculoskeletal system, but also on the nervous system and internal organs. It is possible to consult a specialist osteopath at any age.
Leave a request "make an appointment" and within a few minutes we will find an experienced doctor near you, and the price will be lower than when contacting the clinic directly. Or choose a doctor yourself by clicking on the "Find a Doctor" button. Find a doctor
- What does an osteopath treat?
- When should you see an osteopath?
- Diagnostic methods used by an osteopath
- Appointment to an osteopath
What does an osteopath treat?
Among the pathologies that can help eliminate an osteopath, the following are distinguished:
- Diseases of the spine, including radiculitis, scoliosis and osteochondrosis. In addition, sciatica of the sciatic nerve and intercostal neuralgia can be corrected. The help of an osteopath can be used in the detection of intervertebral hernia and protrusion (See also: Causes and symptoms of disc protrusion).
- Joint diseases such as: arthritis and arthrosis.
- Hormonal dysfunction, amenorrhea, adnexitis, primary and secondary dysmenorrhea.
Stomach ulcer, gastritis, colitis, cholecystitis, pathology of the heart and blood vessels.
- Adenoma of the prostate and impotence.
- Diseases of the nervous system - headaches, frequent dizziness, hypertension and hypotension.
- Metabolic problems. An osteopath is able to normalize metabolism, help a patient lose weight.
When should you see an osteopath?
It is worth knowing that a doctor can help not only adults, but little patients.
It is necessary to seek help from a specialist:
Children. If a child has received a birth injury, suffers from colic, has deformities and anomalies in the development of the musculoskeletal system, has various lesions of the central nervous system, it is necessary to consult a doctor. In addition, the doctor is able to help with postural disorders if the child is diagnosed with flat feet, gastrointestinal diseases, scoliosis (See also: Causes and symptoms of scoliosis). The doctor helps to overcome difficulties in psychomotor development.
- Adults. Injuries, complications after surgery, headaches, diseases of the genital area, diseases of the ENT organs, problems with the gastrointestinal tract - all these violations are the reason for contacting a specialist.
- Pregnant women. If there is a threat of miscarriage, pain in the lower abdomen, edema, lumbar pain, if correction of the position of the fetus is required or a woman wants to undergo prenatal training, then you can always use the services of an osteopath. His help is especially relevant for women in position, since she does not have to take medications for treatment. It will not be superfluous to visit an osteopath after childbirth, especially with complications.
Diagnostic methods used by an osteopath
Before you go to see an osteopath, you do not need to take any tests. The doctor will independently prescribe all the necessary examinations to the patient. They will depend on the problem with which the person came to the consultation.
The obligatory analysis, which is prescribed by the doctor, is the delivery of the UAC, OAM and feces analysis. The rest of the studies are recommended to patients on an individual basis.
In his work, the doctor uses his hands, with their help, the diagnosis of all diseases is performed.
The difference lies only in the technique of work:
- The visceral osteopathy method allows diagnosing problems of internal organs.
- The method of structural osteopathy is applicable for diseases of the joints, spine and bones.
- The method of craniosacral osteopathy is applicable in the diagnosis of diseases of the spine and skull bones.
Appointment to an osteopath
Popular by topic
Honey, lemon and garlic, a recipe for cleaning blood vesselsIf you combine honey, lemon and garlic together, then you will be able to create a remedy that is unique in its effectiveness. All components are perfectly combined and complementary with each other
The benefits and harms of kombucha, how to grow it and how to care for itKombucha, aka Japanese or jellyfish mushroom, was brought to Russia by soldiers after the Russo-Japanese War. It is one of the best remedies for treating liver and gallbladder diseases
Blood sugar rateBlood glucose is a sugar that is carried by the bloodstream to all cells in the body to supply them with energy. The body regulates blood glucose levels so that they remain moderate: enough to fuel cells, but not enough to overload blood flow
General urine analysis: norm and interpretation of resultsUrine is a biological fluid, the end result of the natural process of human life. It is formed in the kidneys in two complex stages: glomerular filtration and reabsorption of water in the renal tubules
Analysis of feces for dysbiosis: interpretation of the resultsIn the intestines of an adult, an average of 2.5 to 3.5 kg of various bacteria live. The combination of these microorganisms is called microflora, and our health and well-being directly depends on the ratio of the number of its individual representatives