2023 Author: Josephine Shorter | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-27 04:34
Kremlin diet: pros and cons
One of the most paradoxical weight loss methods is the Kremlin diet. She gained a lot of fans due to the fact that during the entire period of losing weight, a person eats very diversely and can eat whatever he wants, but within the limit of the points scored. The number of points depends on the carbohydrate content of the product. At each stage of the diet, it is allowed to consume a certain amount of points per day - from $ 20 to $ 60. (conventional units). For the convenience of the followers of the diet, a special table has been created, in accordance with which the daily menu is formed.
Since the Kremlin diet is considered protein, foods with the highest protein scores have the lowest score. The consumption of meat and fish products brings very few points, and a person has the opportunity to add additional dishes to the menu. And having eaten a piece of bread, he has no right to eat anything else, since he thereby chose his own rate of points.
Followers of the diet lose 5-8 kg per week. The longer the diet lasts, the more weight decreases. You need to go through four stages of the Kremlin diet, each of them has its own rate of points per day.
- The history of the Kremlin diet
- The essence of the Kremlin diet
- Fundamental rules of the method
- Pros of the Kremlin diet
- Cons of the Kremlin diet
- Contraindications to the Kremlin diet
- Stages of the Kremlin diet
- Menu for the week
- Complete product table
- Diet Tips
- Reviews and results
- Misconceptions about the Kremlin diet
The history of the Kremlin diet
Now this method of losing weight is known to almost everyone, and until recently, such a diet was a secret for many. The Kremlin diet used to be called the "American Astronaut Diet". In Russia, this technique was first used to meet the needs of the party elite. They happily used the method of correcting excess weight, which allows them to eat anything, choose delicacies from the menu, but also lose weight.
Nutritionists also welcomed the technique that allows you not to experience hunger and the negative symptoms associated with it: dizziness, a feeling of exhaustion, obsessive thoughts about food.
The essence of the Kremlin diet
The diet is based on the following principle - due to a sharp decrease in the amount of incoming carbohydrates, the body needs energy. To cover this deficit, he turns to internal resources, spending body fat. Reducing the amount of fat leads to a decrease in body weight.
One of the advantages of this diet is that a losing weight person can eat foods "prohibited" in other diets in any quantity. These are sources of protein such as cottage cheese, cheese, meat, fish, eggs. It is forbidden to eat bread, confectionery, many fruits and vegetables, potatoes and rice, and drink fruit juices.
With the help of the Kremlin diet, weight is rapidly decreasing.
There is a simple algorithm:
- To lose weight, the sum of points scored per day should not exceed 20-40 USD;
- To get better - to be above 60 USD;
- To keep the achieved results - equal to 60 USD.
Some of those losing weight make an unfortunate mistake, spontaneously changing the amount of points in their diet. The scores belong to a notional system that places products on a particular rung of the “acceptability ladder”.
The minimum rating is assigned to sausages, cheese, dairy products (0-2 cu). The highest score is for confectionery, dried fruits, and preserves. Following the table, the diet includes any food within the daily value of the points.
- The table shows the number of points per 100 g, not per serving;
- A losing weight person engaged in hard work can get 80-100 points and not increase weight. And for a person engaged in sedentary work, it is advisable not to step over the maximum score threshold;
- No need to feel hungry, snacks between meals are acceptable.
3 conditions of the Kremlin diet:
- Monitor the carbohydrate units eaten;
- Do not add sugar to third courses, do not eat sweets;
- Move actively, do feasible physical education.
If you do not exercise, your skin will sag due to rapid weight loss. To tone the body, those who are losing weight should definitely exercise.
Fundamental rules of the method
To lose weight without harm to health, or gain weight, if necessary, you need to carefully follow the principles of the Kremlin diet, regularly count points, and play sports.
The basics of the Kremlin diet, the whole truth about it:
- Sugar is excluded from the diet, since 100 g of this product contains 99 cu, and at stage 1 of the diet the daily ration is 20-40 cu.
- To maintain the water-salt balance, at least 2 liters of fluid are required. It can be tea from hawthorn, ginger, rosehip broth, which contains a large amount of vitamins.
- It is important to constantly monitor the amount of food consumed, exclusion of salty, fatty, spicy foods from the diet. Alcohol consumption is limited.
- It is forbidden to overeat even permitted foods, so as not to gain weight, not to stretch the stomach, not to slow down digestion.
It is recommended to consume lean meat, lean fish, vegetables (tomatoes, cabbage, cucumbers), unsweetened fruits (citrus fruits, pears, apples, kiwi).
- For daily control of points, you need to use the Kremlin diet table, check the dishes of your diet for the content of cu. It is important not to exceed the allowed carbohydrate units.
- The deficiency of minerals and vitamins is replenished with vitamin complexes.
- To test your own capabilities, you can first take a trial weekly course of nutrition according to new principles, and, with a successful result, practice a full course of weight loss.
During a two-week course, constipation and disruption of the digestive tract may occur. The introduction of 20 g of bran daily into the diet will help to solve the problem. If you follow the principles described above, excess weight will go away in a short time.
Video about the principles of the Kremlin diet, commented on by nutritionist Andrei Nikiforov:
Pros of the Kremlin diet
This diet is very effective - following it, you can get rid of 4% of body weight in a week, and from 7-8% in a month.
Positive aspects of the method:
- It is not required to scrupulously calculate calories; there is a special table to determine the energy value of foods.
- Reducing carbohydrate intake normalizes metabolism.
- The diet can be applied without deviating from the usual diet.
- Protein food takes a long time to digest, so a person does not feel exhausting hunger.
- Many products are allowed, from which a wide variety of dishes can be prepared.
- Within a month, a person gets rid of the addiction to eating sweets.
- You do not need to purchase special supplements, as with other diets. Food costs have hardly increased.
Cons of the Kremlin diet
As a result of incomplete combustion of fat deposits due to a deficiency of carbohydrates in the body, ketone bodies are formed. This leads to ketosis - latent poisoning, damage to the tissues of the brain, liver and kidneys. Ketosis may not appear in any way for 3-6 months.
- The diet is deficient in vegetable fiber, which negatively affects the digestive system, causes the development of putrefactive processes in the intestine, dysbiosis.
- Due to a decrease in the content of vitamins, calcium, bioflavonoids in the diet and due to a lack of fruit, the condition of the hair, nails, skin, and skeletal system may worsen.
- Excessive protein intake overloads the urinary system. Stagnant processes appear in it, kidney and bladder stones are formed. An abundant intake of animal cholesterol can lead to the formation of atherosclerotic plaques, blockage of blood vessels.
Contraindications to the Kremlin diet
It is very important to take into account the state of your health before switching to a carbohydrate-free diet.
Contraindications to the use of the Kremlin diet:
- Pathologies of the urinary system (renal failure, pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis). The urinary organs are unable to promptly remove the decay products of large amounts of protein. Eating meat foods provokes the formation of large volumes of uric acid, which is the cause of gout, and leads to the development of kidney stones.
- Cardiovascular diseases (ischemia, hypertension, angina pectoris). Due to the excessive intake of cholesterol from animal products, the risk of developing fatty hepatosis, atherosclerosis is high.
- Diseases of the digestive tract (dysbiosis, constipation, gastritis, peptic ulcer).
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Menopause. Lack of calcium in the diet increases the risk of osteoporosis, which is already more than 3 times higher in women over 60.
- Diabetes. Patients with such a diagnosis are advised to lose weight under the supervision of an endocrinologist and strictly follow his recommendations. Low blood sugar levels can lead to hypoglycemia and diabetic nephropathy.
So that the body does not feel the deficiency of vitamins and minerals, which inevitably arises after 1 month of following the diet, you need to take dietary supplements and vitamin and mineral complexes.
Stages of the Kremlin diet
Following a carbohydrate-free weight loss method, you can count on a consistent, even weight loss. The stages of the diet differ in the length and content of the menu. The more accurately the rules of each stage are followed, the more efficiently the weight will return to normal.
Stage 1 - induction phase
It lasts 14 days, the goal of the stage is to adapt the body to a new diet, start the process of lipolysis (fat burning). At the beginning of losing weight, it is required to bring the consumption rate closer to 20 carbohydrate units per day. It is necessary to exclude from the menu alcohol, fruits, sweets, bread, starchy vegetables (potatoes, corn, peas), as well as products containing caffeine.
At the first stage, the menu includes:
- Fats (sour cream, olive oil);
- Proteins (sea fish and seafood, eggs, cheese, veal, poultry, crayfish);
- Green vegetables (greens, lettuce, sorrel, cucumbers).
All of these foods can be eaten in any quantity. The most varied dishes are prepared from them in order to brighten up the most difficult stage of the diet. Food intake occurs 3-4 times a day. The optimal weight loss at this stage is 2-10 kg. These figures depend on the initial weight of a losing weight person, the individual type of metabolic processes.
Stage 2 - active weight loss
The goal of the stage is to determine the rate of carbohydrates, using which a person will still lose weight. The diet includes up to 5 carbohydrate units per week. These are fruits (raspberries, strawberries, melons), vegetables (red peppers, asparagus, onions, spinach), seeds and nuts, tomato and lemon juice. If weight loss has slowed down, the rate of organic consumption is reduced to 3 cu. In the second stage, the person stays until he remains to lose 2-4 kg to the desired goal.
Stage 3 - expanding the diet
The goal is to develop an optimal diet, reduce weight by 2-4 kg, introduce carbohydrates to the menu up to 10 cu. and monitoring the body's response to each product. These are cereals, sweet fruits, nuts, starchy vegetables, legumes. For the convenience of monitoring, one product is introduced daily. If body weight has ceased to decrease, the product is excluded from the diet.
The norm of carbohydrate units is 60 cu. e. per day. "Dangerous" foods - rice, barley, bread, potatoes, watermelons, legumes, grapes, bananas, seeds, mangoes, strawberries. No more than 80 g of fruits, 40 g of seeds, 100 g of cereals and cereals are introduced daily. The third stage lasts 2 to 3 months.
Stage 4 - lifelong
The goal is to maintain the result, the stage lasts throughout life. The main principle of nutrition at this stage is the use of all food components (fats, proteins, carbohydrates) that bring maximum benefit.
These are foods such as sprouted grains, dried fruits, berries, seeds, whole grain breads, dairy and vegetable dishes. To maintain the result, you need to count points daily and control body weight. Its increase is a signal to return to the previous stages.
Exercise is a necessary component of the diet.
Goals for sports while following a diet:
- Building muscle tone;
- Improving health;
- Acceleration of metabolism;
- Stimulates digestion;
- Strengthening the ligaments.
In addition, dosed physical activity raises mood and maintains the immune status, which is extremely important for radical changes in the diet.
Menu for the week
The proposed menu can be modified at your own discretion. In addition to the approximate options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the table shows the average number of points that allows you to score each dish.
Read more: A simple menu for the Kremlin diet week
Complete product table
|Products||Points or conventional units||Product weight|
Bread and cereals
|Oatmeal / oat bran||24 / 45.3||250/100|
|White rice / brown rice||44 / 72.9||250/100|
|Corn flakes / corn grits||23/75||One glass / 100|
|Wheat flour 1 grade||67.8||100|
|Whole grain flour||55.8||100|
|Rye flour / rye bran / rye flakes||55.9 / 20.7 / 32||100|
|Wheat groats / wheat bran||62 / 20.7||100|
|Lamb / pork cut||100|
|Boiled chicken / duck / goose / turkey / rabbit||100|
|Meat fried in breadcrumbs||five||100|
|Meat with flour sauce||100|
|Goulash with veal||100|
|Chicken egg white||One|
|Chicken egg yolk||One|
Fish and seafood
|Fish fried in breadcrumbs||12||100|
|Fish in tomato sauce||100|
|Red and black caviar||100|
Dairy products, milk, mayonnaise, oils
|Kefir and yogurt||13||100|
|All types of cheese||0.5 to 2||100|
|Homemade cottage cheese / from 0% to 5% / 9%||3 / 2.8 / 1.8 / 2||200/100/100/100|
|Sour cream||ten||Two tablespoons|
|Fat / non-fat cream||4/3||100|
|Sour cream 10% / 15% / 25% / 40%||3.9 / 3.6 / 3 / 2.5||100|
|Fresh cucumbers in salad||100|
|Chopped green onions||five||glass|
|Soya beans||0.5 cups|
|Fried and baked potatoes||20||100|
|Potato chips||ten||10 pieces|
|Chicken and meat broth||0,5 l|
|Tomato soup||17||0,5 l|
|Vegetable soup||sixteen||0,5 l|
|Pea soup||20||0,5 l|
|Goulash soup||12||0,5 l|
|Mushroom soup||fifteen||0,5 l|
|Meat hodgepodge||22||0,5 l|
|Green cabbage soup||12||0,5 l|
|Cake without cream and filling||31||150|
|Fruit cake||25||One piece one piece|
Berries, nuts, fruits
|Boiled prunes||39||Half glass|
|Pumpkin seeds||2.4||Two tablespoons|
|Sunflower seeds||1.5||Two tablespoons|
|Cedar nuts||1.7||Two tablespoons|
|The grape juice||ten||250|
|Cocoa with milk||26||150|
|Whiskey, vodka, cognac, rum, tequila||150|
|Brandy, bourbon, moonshine||0,4||100|
|Compote with dried fruits||0.3||100|
|Cola, pepsi, sweet soda||10.4||100|
Condiments and spices
|Coconut flakes||0.8||Two tablespoons|
|Ground chilli||0.5||Tea spoon|
|Wine white vinegar||1.5||Tablespoon|
|Wine red vinegar||Tablespoon|
|Cranberry Sauce||13||Two tablespoons|
|Black olives||0.7||Two tablespoons|
|Green olives||2.5||Five pieces|
|Soy sauce||Five pieces|
|Sweet and sour sauce||fifteen||Two tablespoons|
|Tomato sauce||3.5||1/4 cup|
|Dutch sauce||0.3||Two tablespoons|
|Meat sauce||1/4 cup|
Although the diet does not prohibit the consumption of meat, it should be limited in the menu. The same rule is true for alcoholic beverages. They increase appetite, which negatively affects the figure.
You should definitely not include sugar in the menu. Even a teaspoon of sugar can override the benefits of a whole day of weight loss. On a diet, you must clearly follow all its rules.
Vera Oleineva, nutritionist:
“The diet is a classic weight loss system with a focus on protein foods. It excludes fats and carbohydrates. I am confused by the fact that the diet allows sausages to be eaten, because they are a source of unhealthy fats. It is really better to refuse melons and pears, you need to eat more vegetables. I can only call potatoes a complete exception. This diet can be followed for a long time, it will not harm the body. Although I would completely exclude all alcoholic drinks. For six months on such a diet, it is quite possible to lose 15 kg. Weight is especially easy for men."
Reviews and results
Renata: “I adhered to this diet, so I can write an objective review about it. If you gain 40 points a day, you will not be able to lose weight. You need no more than 20 points a day to start losing weight. Be sure to drink plenty of water to avoid poisoning. You can not refuse to take vitamins. If a person is determined, then he will certainly lose weight."
Alina: “This diet is not for me, they cannot refuse cereals and fruits. But the kilograms on it go very quickly."
Misconceptions about the Kremlin diet
Sometimes we hear complaints about the diet from those who followed it.
They mainly contain the following claims:
- The diet is ineffective;
- Food is not balanced;
- A person is enclosed in a rigid framework of requirements that are not easy to comply with.
Most often, such claims are made from a lack of information about the principles of diet.
The main mistakes of losing weight:
- To effectively lose weight, a person significantly reduces the calorie intake. This is wrong, because constant hunger forces the body to produce fat stores, breakdowns are not uncommon. It is advisable to eat your fill in the usual way - breakfast, lunch, dinner, with small snacks between meals.
- Fruits and vegetables are completely excluded from the diet. These foods supply the body with valuable fiber, vitamins and minerals, so you cannot completely refuse them. It is better to include in the menu less high-calorie types of vegetables and fruits: tomatoes and cucumbers, apples, kiwi. You should not eat cherries, bananas, sweet grapes.
- Fats are excluded from the diet. This is wrong, fats are vital for the body, they help the absorption of certain vitamins and participate in the synthesis of hormones. In accordance with the principles of the Kremlin diet, the menu includes products containing healthy fats - sea fish, linseed and olive oil.
- Natural sugar is being replaced by artificial sweeteners. It is better to give up their use, since they give a signal to the brain about the imminent intake of glucose into the body, which is not actually contained in food. This leads to excessive secretion of gastric juice and a painful feeling of hunger.
- A person eats only proteins. Eating in this mode overloads the kidneys due to excess protein, which can lead to disruption of their work. The diet should be varied, with the inclusion of permitted vegetables and fruits.
- Losing weight begin to overload themselves with physical training. In the phase of active weight loss, it is better to observe moderation in sports.
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
Education: Diploma of the Russian State Medical University named after NI Pirogov with a degree in General Medicine (2004). Residency at Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, diploma in Endocrinology (2006).
Diet on tomato juice: pros and cons "Diet on tomato juice allows not only to quickly and effectively lose weight, but helps to normalize metabolic processes, normalizes the digestive system, heart and blood vessels, and helps to cleanse the body of toxins
Diet of Osama Hamdiy: principles of diet, menuInitially, the Osama Hamdiy diet was created for people with diabetes, in order to help them lose weight. The author of the method is deeply convinced that the body, under certain conditions, is able to break down fats on its own by accelerating metabolic processes
Cabbage diet for weight loss for 10 daysThe Cabbage Diet was originally developed for patients who have undergone surgery and are in the recovery phase. However, like most diets, the cabbage method of losing weight is "to the taste" of people who seek to lose weight
The toughest weight loss diet everSevere weight loss diets are a real test for the body, as they introduce it into a state of stress, which negatively affects the functioning of all internal organs. Therefore, people who decide to try a strict diet on themselves need to be very careful
Diet for acne: pros and consIf acne begins to appear on a person's face, then this indicates a disturbance in the work of his internal organs, most often, a failure in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. Such pathological processes lead to the fact that toxins are retained in the body, and this negatively affects the condition of the skin