How to lose 20 kg in a month?
To lose 20 kg in a month, you need to radically change your diet, as well as play sports, which will make it possible not to gain weight again. Twenty kilograms is an impressive figure, especially if you plan to lose such weight in just a month. In order not to harm your own health, you must have willpower, discipline and approach the diet as responsibly as possible.
To lose weight correctly, you need to excrete excess water, glycogen and fat from the body. If the rules of healthy weight loss are not followed, weight will go away due to the burning of muscle mass. Moreover, muscles are much easier to burn than fat deposits, and they weigh more than fat cells. The fat burning process is called lipolysis.
To run it at full strength, the following rules must be followed:
- The calorie deficit should not be too large, but it will not be possible to do without cutting the calorie content of food.
- Sports and cardio are required. Muscles need to be loaded, this will allow you to start using energy.
- During the diet, you need to eat right and get enough rest.
The main mistakes that people who want to lose weight make:
If you significantly reduce the daily calorie intake, the metabolism will slow down, which means that the process of losing weight will not occur as intensively as we would like.
- Excessive physical activity leads to excess production of cortisol and water accumulation, as a result, weight will increase or stand up.
- If you sleep a little, the body will produce stress hormone that inhibits lipolysis. A person breaks down from a diet, the end result cannot be achieved.
- Recommendations for losing weight by 20 kg per month
- The principle of the 20 kg diet per month
- Weight loss diet menu for 20 kg per month
- Permitted and prohibited foods
- Fixing the result
- Other diet options, minus 20 kg per month
- Pros and cons of fast weight loss
Recommendations for losing weight by 20 kg per month
Before embarking on intensive weight loss, you must read the following recommendations:
- You need to drink plenty of water - 2 glasses 15-30 minutes before each meal. And the same amount 2 hours after eating.
- Sauces and oils cannot be added to dishes.
- Vegetables are not cooked in broth, but in plain water.
- Sugar and milk cannot be added to tea.
- If you want to eat, you can satisfy your hunger with cucumbers, salad, carrots.
- During the diet, exercise should be done. You need to exercise and eat according to the established regime.
- You should get up on the scales in the morning after visiting the restroom.
The principle of the 20 kg diet per month
All 4 weeks are divided into short-term cycles of 4 days each. In this case, the menu for each day of the cycle is based on a certain type of food. For example, on the first day, a person cuts the daily calorie intake to minimum values, on the second day there are only vegetables, on the third day only protein meals, and the fourth day will be mixed.
Weight loss diet menu for 20 kg per month
First day - hungry:
- Throughout the day, they drink only milk with a minimum percentage of fat - 1 liter for the whole day.
- At dinner, you are allowed to eat 100 g of black bread and drink a glass of tomato juice.
Second day - protein:
- Morning: 100 g of black bread, 20 g of butter, a spoonful of honey and coffee with milk, but no sugar.
- Day: ham - 100 g, broth, black bread - 100 g, Dutch cheese - 100 g.
- Evening: 2 boiled eggs.
The third day is vegetable:
- Morning: two apples or two oranges.
- Day: vegetable soup with vegetable oil.
- Evening: salad with 2 cucumbers and 3 tomatoes, a glass of tea, a spoonful of honey.
The fourth day is mixed:
- Morning: Dutch cheese - 100 g, coffee with milk.
- Day: ham and black bread - 100 g each, 2 boiled eggs.
- Evening: kefir.
On days 5, 6 and 7, the menu should be repeated: protein day, vegetable day, and mixed day.
Permitted and prohibited foods
Foods may be low in calories, but there should be enough protein in them. The same goes for vitamins, minerals and complex carbohydrates.
Therefore, the list of permitted products includes:
- Sour apples.
- White cabbage.
- Cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Leafy vegetables: salads, parsley, spinach, arugula, dill, basil.
- Buckwheat and rice.
- Chicken meat and chicken eggs.
- Sea fish.
- Cottage cheese and milk with a low percentage of fat.
- Green tea.
The menu should not contain foods high in fat, as well as foods that are sources of fast carbohydrates.
Therefore, the following should be excluded from the diet:
- Salt and sugar.
- Fatty meats: pork, beef, duck and goose.
- River fish.
- Fatty dairy products.
- Pure fats: lard, butter, lard.
- Green pea.
- Fruits and berries are high in sugars.
- Bakery products, baked goods.
- All sweets: halva, marmalade, cookies, etc.
- Strong tea, cocoa and coffee.
Fixing the result
To prevent weight return, you should adhere to the following results:
- After the diet, you should not overeat. You need to eat in small portions, adhering to a balanced menu. This will prevent the stomach from stretching again.
- Compliance with the principle of fractional nutrition. You need to eat often, but in small quantities. The most high-calorie foods should be eaten in the morning. You need to have dinner with fruits, vegetables, chicken fillet, kefir. Before going to bed, you need to refuse food.
- There should be no flavors on the menu. If you cannot completely abandon salt and sugar, then their amount should be minimized. You need to accustom yourself to eat foods in their pure form. It is good to replace sugar with honey, but not more than a teaspoon per cup of tea.
Potatoes should be removed from the diet. It can only be included in meals with other products. Pure potatoes contribute to weight gain and also increase the risk of diabetes.
- Following the principle of separate feeding. This means that carbohydrate foods are not recommended to be combined with animal proteins, but meat goes well with vegetables. This allows the body to digest food faster without putting it in reserve.
- Fatty and fried foods should be removed from the menu. They not only contribute to gaining fat mass, but are also harmful to overall health. Products can be stewed, steamed, boiled.
- It is imperative to arrange fasting days. Once a week is enough to keep you from gaining weight. It is good to practice kefir and apple fasting days.
- Flour products must be removed from the menu. Bread is replaced with loaves, or whole grain flour products. The menu should contain bran and oatmeal.
- You need to drink at least 2 liters of water per day. It helps to reduce the feeling of hunger, allows you to remove toxins from the body, and prevents constipation. You should never drink food.
Studies have shown that if you drink 0.5 liters of water before meals, you will lose 44% more weight in 12 weeks, compared to those who do not focus on water.
Other diet options, minus 20 kg per month
Diet 5 spoons
In a diet, great importance should be given not to what a person eats, but in what quantities he consumes food. Therefore, to start losing weight, you need to cut your daily diet by 20-50%. If the stomach is distended, the person will continue to get better, because he constantly experiences a painful feeling of hunger.
A diet of 5 tablespoons helps to normalize metabolism, reduce daily calories. However, before you start adhering to this diet, you need to prepare your body for it. For this, portions begin to be reduced 14 days before the start of the main menu. First, you need to learn how to saturate with 7-8 tablespoons, gradually bringing the volume of servings to 5 tablespoons. If you adhere to the chosen technique for 30 days, you will be able to lose weight by 10-15 kg.
Read more: Diet 5 tablespoons: pros and cons
Diet "Fairy Tale"
Another diet for 30 days is called "Fairy Tale". The diet cannot be called hungry, but the diet must be adhered to strictly, otherwise the result will not be achieved.
Breakfast includes 2 chicken eggs and an orange wedge every day.
Lunch should be represented by the following dishes (on days of the week):
- Fruit until satiety. Bananas are an exception.
- Boiled chicken breast - 0.2 kg.
- Hard cheese and tomato.
- Any fruit until satiated. You need to exclude grapes, bananas and mangoes.
- Two eggs and vegetables.
- Cheese and tomato.
- 0.2 kg chicken fillet, half a grapefruit, tomato.
Dinners according to the days of the week:
- 0.2 kg of lean meat and a serving of low-fat cottage cheese.
- Vegetables, 2 tomatoes, 2 grapefruit wedges.
- 0.2 kg of lean meat.
- 0.2 kg of lean meats, cottage cheese and lettuce.
- Boiled fish, lettuce and orange.
- 0.2 kg of low-fat meat.
- Steamed vegetables.
If you stick to this menu for 30 days, you will be able to get rid of excess weight very quickly.
Low calorie diet
If you seriously limit your diet in terms of calorie content, then it is quite possible to lose 20 kg in a month. For this, no more than 1000 kcal should be consumed per day. To do this, you should choose foods whose caloric content per 100 g does not exceed 100 kcal. In this case, you can eat potatoes, grapes, but in small portions. The number of approaches to the table can be unlimited.
Read More: Low Calorie 1200 Calorie Diet: Pros and Cons
Sometimes doctors recommend that patients adhere to a drinking diet when only liquid dishes are present on the menu. However, this is done according to strict indications and for several days, so such a diet does not harm health. If you stick to it for too long, then the digestive organs may subsequently refuse to accept solid food. Therefore, care should be taken when choosing a drinking diet to get rid of 20 kg per month.
It is permissible to include the following dishes in the diet:
- Broths with a little fat.
- Green tea.
- Unsweetened compote.
- The juice.
- Ryazhenka and kefir.
- Homemade jelly.
The Ducan diet helps to quickly lose weight, which is divided into several phases:
- Attack. During this period, the menu focuses on protein foods: dairy products, eggs, fish, meat, seafood. The stage lasts 10 days. During this time, it is possible to get rid of 3-8 kg.
- Cruise. At this time, protein days alternate with protein and vegetable days. The duration of the period is 30 days. During this time, you can lose up to 15 kg of weight.
- Anchoring. The menu includes potatoes, pasta, whole grain bread, berries, honey, sour fruits. Every Thursday you need to arrange a fasting day for yourself, during which they eat only protein foods. This period should be 7 days.
Every day you need to eat 1.5 tablespoons of bran, and in the "Fixing" phase, they are increased to 2.5 tablespoons. The products cannot be fried, salt is added in a small amount, water is drunk at least 2.5 liters per day. When the “Fixation” phase is completed, you should proceed to the “Stabilization” phase. It is similar to the “Consolidation” phase, but you need to eat 3 tablespoons of bran a day, and every Thursday you should have a protein day. The “Stabilization” phase can continue throughout life. It is imperative that you go in for sports to maintain the achieved result.
Read more: Dukan Diet
Elena Malysheva's diet
The diet of Elena Malysheva involves eating ready-made foods that a person purchases in containers. The diet is balanced with breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will have to pay 12-16 thousand rubles a month for ready-made meals from Malysheva.
At the same time, a person will receive healthy food, which is practically unsalted. The portions on the menu are small. If a person has a high degree of obesity, then thanks to such a diet, he will be able to lose 20 kg in a month.
Pros and cons of fast weight loss
Pros of fast weight loss:
- Weight goes away quickly.
- The menu can be built according to your preferences.
- The diet does not require significant financial investments.
- The volume of the stomach decreases rapidly.
Cons of fast weight loss:
- The body will suffer from a deficiency of fats, carbohydrates and proteins, and it will also lack vitamins and minerals.
- Constant hunger negatively affects the condition of the stomach and intestines.
- Other side effects of rapid weight loss include dizziness, nausea, heartburn, weakness, constipation, and low mental alertness.
- It is possible to develop vision problems and the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
Contraindications to diet:
- Heart diseases.
- Diseases of the urinary system.
- Pathology of the digestive system.
- Carrying a baby.
- Disturbances in metabolic processes.
- Endocrine pathologies.
The question of the presence of contraindications must be resolved by a doctor. Often, a fast diet is prescribed to people as a preparatory stage before surgery, or for therapeutic purposes. However, with 3 and 4 degrees of obesity, this method of losing weight is rarely practiced. Chronic illnesses can also act as contraindications to a fast diet.
Alexey Miroshnichenko, nutritionist:
“I am often asked which diet I consider the best. I answer honestly that there is simply no such diet. One method suits one person, another is completely different. The choice of a particular diet is influenced by many factors: initial weight, health status, food preferences, age of a person. Therefore, before choosing this or that system, you should undergo a comprehensive examination. I do not advise sticking to hungry diets, you need to eat at least 5 times a day. The menu should be as varied as possible. It is important that the loss per month is no more than 7 kg, this is the only way to lose weight without harm to health."
Marina: “In the first week of this diet I got rid of 4 kg, and then I fell out and gained 5 kg. Therefore, I consider the result negative. I want to try again, this time I will try not to break. I understand that you need to strictly adhere to the rules so as not to harm yourself."
Olga: “I was on a kefir and buckwheat diet, on a cabbage system I also tried to get rid of excess weight, but all to no avail. But when I cut my diet to 1000 kcal per day, the weight began to go away! I eat fruit in the morning, vegetables for lunch, then an egg snack and again fruit for dinner. I lost 11 kg in a month. Excellent result. Only it is most convenient to eat like this in the summer."
Irina: “I was on a low-calorie diet. At first, I managed to lose 1 kg every day. However, then there was a strong weakness and malaise. Therefore, I had to give up the diet a week after starting it."
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
Education: Diploma of the Russian State Medical University named after NI Pirogov with a degree in General Medicine (2004). Residency at Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, diploma in Endocrinology (2006).