Diet of Ksenia Selezneva: pros and cons
Ksenia is a nutritionist, candidate of medical sciences. She has repeatedly taken part in various international congresses dedicated to nutritiology, for several years she worked in a Moscow clinic, holding the position of a nutritionist and gastroenterologist.
Now Ksenia is a leading nutritionist at the Atlas Medical Center, which is also located in the Russian capital. Taking part in the "Wedding Size" program, Ksenia presented her author's weight loss system.
- The essence and rules of the diet of Ksenia Selezneva
- Menu design principles
- Permitted and prohibited foods
- Recipes for the diet of Ksenia Selezneva
- Pros and cons of the diet of Ksenia Selezneva
- Mistakes of losing weight and comments by Ksenia Selezneva
- Reviews and results
The essence and rules of the diet of Ksenia Selezneva
The dietary diet of Ksenia Selezneva can be called balanced and complete. Thanks to a well-designed menu, a person will lose weight without harming their health. During the diet, the body receives both fats and proteins and carbohydrates, which are very important for maintaining its normal functioning.
Selezneva invites her followers to adhere to the principle of fractional nutrition, when the break between approaches to the table should not exceed 3 hours. Ideally, you should adhere to the following meal schedule: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and light snack.
You can cook dishes in any way, but preference should be given to cooking or steaming. This will reduce the calorie content of your meals. At the same time, Ksenia does not prohibit stewing or grilling food. Although Selezneva is convinced that even frying food is an acceptable method of heat treatment, too often such food should not be eaten. When frying, avoid using a lot of fat. The day after eating foods that have been fried, you need to increase physical activity. This will prevent the body from storing fat reserves.
During the diet, you need to drink enough water, because the human body is 70% liquid. It allows you to normalize metabolic processes, remove the decay products of its vital activity from the body, increase skin tone, and regulate body temperature.
For every kilogram of body, there should be about 40 ml of water. Drink should be 30 minutes before meals, or an hour after meals. Otherwise, water will negatively affect the process of digesting food, slowing it down. Be sure to drink a glass of water immediately after getting out of bed.
If a person ate soup or drank juice, then these liquids should not be considered drinking and should be included in the total amount of daily water intake. To liquids "for drinking" include water without gas, green tea, a decoction of herbs and rose hips, sea buckthorn and ginger.
It is necessary to take vitamin and mineral complexes throughout the year. This opinion is shared by almost all nutritionists. Even the most balanced diet is not able to provide the body with nutrients by 100%. The complex should be selected on an individual basis, taking into account the season, the age of the person and the state of his health. It is best to contact a specialist with this question.
Be sure to move as much as possible. This will maintain an adequate tone of the body and burn a sufficient amount of energy. At the same time, there is no need to play sports at the peak of their capabilities. You can just take long walks, exercise at home, take aerobics classes, swim.
Sleep should be complete. An adult should sleep at least 7 hours a day. You should go to bed no later than 23:00, and get up no earlier than 5:00. Scientists from the Institute of Ottawa and Laval University of Quebec have found that if a person sleeps little, he will eat more. The fact is that a hormone responsible for increasing appetite begins to be synthesized in his body. If a person rests a sufficient amount of time, then the hormones that take part in the processes of rejuvenation of the body and burning of fats will be produced as much as needed.
Diet is not a hard struggle with oneself, it does not require sacrifices, it does not represent a system of rigid restrictions. If you properly tune yourself to the process of losing weight, then a comfortable life will not be overshadowed by anything.
It should be understood that you will not be able to get rid of excess weight instantly. It is important to set realistic goals for yourself and systematically go to achieve them. Be sure to praise yourself, after which you should move on to the next task. Eating healthy is a lifestyle, not a short-term hobby. It allows you to stay young, beautiful and full of strength.
Menu design principles
Breakfast should be the basis for the whole day, so in the morning you should definitely eat porridge, boiled eggs, you can cook cheese cakes. They also drink tea or coffee without sugar at breakfast.
The next meal is intended to satisfy hunger and wait for lunch. Therefore, you can use fruits or berries for a snack. You can eat unsalted nuts or cottage cheese.
For lunch, they eat vegetable soup, fish, meat, or chicken. You can supplement the meat dish with a salad of fresh vegetables and drink any drink, but without added sugar.
To wait for dinner and not suffer from hunger, you can drink a fermented milk drink, or eat a portion of cottage cheese. Nuts are a great snack.
You need to have dinner 2-3 hours before bedtime. At this time, they eat boiled vegetables, baked fish, or meat, and drink unsweetened tea.
If you want to eat again before going to bed, you can satisfy your hunger with a rosehip decoction or a glass of fermented milk drink.
Permitted and prohibited foods
Ksenia Selezneva allows you to include the following products in the menu:
- Low-fat varieties of meat: chicken, rabbit, beef, turkey.
- Fish and seafood.
- Pasta made from durum wheat.
- Vegetables and fruits.
To lose weight as intensely as possible, you should pay attention to foods such as:
- Seafood and fish. They are sources of valuable microelements and perfectly satisfy hunger.
- Avocado allows you to saturate the body with valuable amino acids, which make the skin more elastic, which is important during the process of losing weight.
- Broccoli is one of the healthiest plant foods. It is low in calories, but high in vitamins.
- Spelled. This type of wheat contains an abundance of vitamins and minerals, fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
- Cranberry is a valuable berry that is a source of anthocyanin glycosides. They are responsible for the fat breakdown process.
Products that Ksenia Selezneva recommends to remove from the diet, or to sharply limit their consumption:
- Salt. It retains fluid in the body, and with it harmful substances remain in it. Therefore, you should refuse to eat hard cheeses, pickled products, smoked meats, industrial sauces, sausages.
- Sugar. It contains a lot of calories, but the benefits of this product are zero. It is best to replace sugar with stevia or honey. Factory-made fruit juices should be discarded, the same applies to soda.
- Animal fats. These foods in the body are transformed into fatty deposits much faster than vegetable fats.
- Cheese sauces and creamy sauces, which are high in calories.
- Fast food, which is quite rightly called food waste.
Recipes for the diet of Ksenia Selezneva
To make an omelet, you need the following foods:
- 2 eggs.
- 50 ml of milk.
- 7 g butter.
- A little salt.
Eggs are beaten with salt and milk, poured into a greased mold. Steamed omelette. You can pour melted butter over the omelet before serving.
Flaxseed porridge with nuts and dried fruits
To cook porridge, you will need the following products:
- Half a glass of milk.
- Two tablespoons of flour.
- A tablespoon of chopped dried fruits.
- A teaspoon of pine nuts.
- Half a teaspoon of sugar.
- A little salt.
Pour flour into boiling milk, mix thoroughly, cook for 2 minutes. Then add sugar, salt, nuts to the porridge. Before serving, sprinkle it with chopped dried fruits.
To make the soup, you need the following foods:
- 50 g of potatoes and zucchini.
- 20 g tomatoes.
- 15 g carrots.
- 10 g of onions.
- 5 g each of parsley and parsley root.
- 5 ml of vegetable oil.
Vegetables (parsley, onions and carrots) are finely chopped and lightly fried in vegetable oil. Potatoes, tomatoes and zucchini, cut into cubes, are boiled in vegetable broth. Cooking time is 10 minutes. Then fry is introduced to them, salted and boiled until fully cooked. Sprinkle with herbs before serving.
Boiled cod with herbs
To cook fish, you need the following foods:
- 0.2 kg of cod.
- 10 grams of parsley and dill.
- A little salt.
Put the cod in cold water, after boiling add salt and parsley. Cook until cooked.
Green salad with squid
To make a salad, you need the following foods:
- 500 g squid.
- 0.2 kg of green onions.
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream.
- A tablespoon of chopped parsley and dill.
- 2 peppercorns.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 2 carnations.
- A little salt.
Squids are boiled in boiling water with pepper, cloves and bay leaves. When they have cooled, they are cut into rings and mixed with chopped green onions, seasoned with sour cream, sprinkled with dill and parsley.
Rabbit in a pot
To prepare a dish, you will need the following products:
- 0.1 kg of rabbit meat.
- 0.2 kg sweet pepper.
- A clove of garlic.
- Bay leaf.
- One tomato.
- 2 celery stalks.
- 0.1 kg of champignons.
The meat is cut into pieces, sweet peppers are cut into strips, the rest of the vegetables and mushrooms are randomly cut. Put all the ingredients in a pot, mix with caraway seeds and bay leaves, add a little water. Stew the dish until cooked.
Pros and cons of the diet of Ksenia Selezneva
Thanks to the diet of Ksenia Selezneva, you can lose 1-2 kg of excess weight per week.
The advantages of her technique include:
- No contraindications.
- Absolute security.
- Stable result.
- A varied menu.
- The diet is not hungry, does not cause a breakdown.
- During the diet, metabolism is normalized, the body is cleansed of harmful substances, which makes it possible to get rid of even chronic diseases.
Mistakes of losing weight and comments by Ksenia Selezneva
Mistakes made by people seeking to lose weight:
- When deciding to lose weight, many people cut back not only the amount of food they eat, but also limit themselves in the qualitative composition of the diet. This leads to increased hunger, increased irritability. A person is unable to think about anything other than food. Therefore, it breaks down. To prevent this from happening, you need to accept the diet completely. That is, they think of it not as a system of restrictions, but as a way of life.
- Most people who lose weight limit themselves to eating after 6 pm. At the same time, they go to bed deep after midnight. This rule can only be applied to those people who go to bed at 22:00. Otherwise, the risk of failure is very high. And often people eat harmful foods at night. You need to eat 4 hours before bedtime. Preference should be given to fish, vegetables, kefir with a low percentage of fat.
- Many losing weight refuse potatoes, pasta, bread. However, if a person continues to eat fast food, sausage and mayonnaise, then the result will be zero. You need to understand that bread, pasta and potatoes are not the biggest "evil" for a losing weight person. They can be eaten, but in small quantities and before lunch. It is good if the bread is dried and made from whole grain flour. Pasta should be selected from durum wheat. Potatoes cannot be eaten during dinner.
- Avoiding sweets is stressful for the body. Therefore, you can eat them little by little: a spoonful of honey, 20 g of marmalade or chocolate will not harm. The main thing is to eat them before 14:00. At the same time, you need to enjoy sweets, and not satisfy your hunger.
- Many losing weight begin to rush to extremes: they drink vitamins, refuse to eat, but they do not achieve results. It is worth understanding that the possibilities of modern medicine are vast. For example, a genetic test can provide a lot of information about the state of the body. Doctors, having decoded it, will draw up an individual map that will reflect information about the state of health, as well as about the characteristics of the metabolic processes of a particular organism. Then a person will surely know what vitamins he has a deficiency, what type of physical activity suits him better than others, and many other important things that will allow him to lose weight correctly and efficiently.
Reviews and results
Evgeniya Mikhailovna Kuzina, Nutritionist:
“Selezneva's diet can be called ideal. The diet is balanced, it contains enough of all the nutrients that are necessary to ensure the normal functioning of the body. The weight goes away, but does not come back again, the result is stable. This is a great way to lose weight and not harm your health. At the same time, the skin will not sag. It's great that a person has the opportunity to compose a menu on his own."
Ekaterina: “I have been following the Xenia diet for 3 months already. She helped me lose 15 kg of fat. I began to look great, my physical activity increased. I feel healthy and young. Menstruation is now much easier to bear than before, and the pressure has ceased to rise. I eat a little bit of sweets. The diet is very easy for me."
Svetlana: “I learned about the diet from E. Malysheva's“Wedding Size”program, and I was very impressed with the results presented there. I decided to familiarize myself with Selezneva's diet in more detail. At the same time, I did not understand its essence. Eating right is her main principle, but I need to lose weight ?! First you need to lose weight, but I will always have time to follow the principles of proper nutrition. There is no menu, you can eat almost all products. I think that it will not be possible to achieve results like this."
Elena: “This is a professional weight loss system that will not harm your health. It is comfortable and light, there are no strict prohibitions in it. This diet suits me quite well, so I decided to opt for it."
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
Education: Diploma of the Russian State Medical University named after NI Pirogov with a degree in General Medicine (2004). Residency at Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, diploma in Endocrinology (2006).