Rice diet for weight loss for 3, 7 and 9 days
The rice diet is a tough diet that can be used to shed excess pounds, as well as to treat various diseases. The Rice Weight Loss Program was created back in 1939. Its goals were to eliminate obesity and kidney disease, normalize high blood pressure, and fight diabetes. The rice diet menu involves limiting salt and sugar, thereby further accelerating the process of losing weight.
Reviews of people who have experienced the rice diet on themselves indicate that it is very effective and allows you to lose up to 14 kg in 30 days.
- What is the benefit of this diet?
- Rice diet rules
- 3 Days Tough Rice Mono Diet
- Gentle rice diet for 7 days
- Easy rice diet for 9 days
- Rice diet options for weight loss and body detoxification
- Rules for exiting the rice diet
- Cons of a rice diet
- Nutritionist recommendations
What is the benefit of this diet?
With the help of a rice diet, not only women, but also men, of all ages, get rid of excess weight. Rice is equally useful for both sexes, people have known about this since ancient times. 80% of cereals consists of complex carbohydrates and only 8% of protein. Rice is free of gluten, which very often provokes allergic reactions in the body. There is little fiber in cereals (no more than 3%), so it is ideal for weight loss.
Thanks to the rice diet, you can normalize the work of the nervous system, since rice is rich in B vitamins. Lecithin from rice can stimulate the brain. Rice is an excellent absorbent that absorbs all harmful substances, removes excess fluid from the body, speeds up metabolism and thus starts the process of active weight loss.
The undoubted benefits of a rice diet boil down to the following points:
- Rice is relatively low in calories. Eating it allows you to stay full for a long time, despite the restrictions on the menu.
- Rice is able to absorb not only excess water, but also harmful substances, gently bringing them out. As a result, the intestines will be cleansed without the use of an enema.
Rice contains many useful micro- and macroelements, including phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, manganese, selenium, iron and calcium. Therefore, a rice diet will saturate the body with the necessary components.
In the composition of rice there is a substance that allows you to envelop the gastric wall, creating a protective film on its inner surface. This property of rice is necessary for those people who suffer from increased acidity of gastric juice and gastritis.
Rice contains the following set of B vitamins: thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), nicotinic acid (B3), vitamin B6. In addition, cereals contain amino acids that are necessary for the cells of the body to divide. There is protein in rice, but it is not much - no more than 7-8%. Groats do not contain gluten, which is found in almost all other cereals.
The beneficial qualities of rice are also determined by the following components of its chemical composition:
- Lecithin. This substance is essential for the normal functioning of the brain.
Oligosaccharides, which help to improve bowel function.
- Potassium, which removes excess fluid and salt from cells.
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid. It allows you to normalize high blood pressure.
The calorie content of rice per 100 g is 323 kcal.
Rice diet rules
The rice diet assumes compliance with the following rules:
- The morning must start with eating rice. It is prepared according to the recipe indicated in the diet.
Before starting the next meal, you need to drink a glass of water half an hour before this process. The next time you can take the liquid, it will be possible an hour after eating. This rule must be followed in order not to negatively affect the ability of rice to absorb toxins.
- During the day, you need to drink at least 1.5 liters of water, since rice tends to strengthen the chair.
- It is better to give up the use of salt altogether or reduce its amount in the diet to a minimum.
- To improve the taste of dishes, you cannot supplement them with mayonnaise and various sauces. For this purpose, only vegetable oil can be used.
- So that potassium is not excreted from the body along with harmful substances, it is necessary to consume foods in which it is present during the diet. It can be apples, pumpkin, raisins.
- Before starting your diet, it's best to prepare in advance. To do this, 3-4 tablespoons of boiled rice should be eaten for two days before starting the diet. This should be done on an empty stomach.
3 Days Tough Rice Mono Diet
If you adhere to a rigid rice diet, then in 3 days you will be able to lose 2-4 kg of excess weight. However, you should not get carried away with such a weight loss program. It will be possible to repeat it no earlier than 30 days later. Otherwise, such a sharp restriction in the menu threatens depletion of the body with the loss of not fat, but muscle tissue.
A mono-diet for 3 days assumes compliance with the following recommendations:
- You need to take brown rice for cooking. For 1 day, you will need about 400 g of raw cereals.
- Rice is boiled in water until completely softened.
- The resulting amount of porridge should be divided into five servings.
- Rice is not salted during cooking and before eating, spices and seasonings are not added to it.
- If the feeling of hunger becomes unbearable, then it is allowed to eat two apples. Preference should be given to green fruits.
- You must drink at least 2 liters of clean water per day. You can also drink green tea, but you should not add sugar to it.
If a person plays sports, then during a diet, workouts should not be too intense.
Menu for 3 days
- Breakfast: a portion of rice without salt with the addition of lemon zest + green apple.
- Lunch: 150 g of fresh vegetable salad with lemon juice dressing, but without oil + a plate of vegetable broth without salt + a portion of boiled rice with herbs and a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Dinner: a portion of rice + boiled carrots + vegetable broth.
- Breakfast: rice with a teaspoon of fat-free sour cream and herbs + orange.
Lunch: a portion of rice + boiled vegetables.
- Dinner: rice + steamed vegetables.
The third day:
- Breakfast: rice with cinnamon + grapefruit.
- Lunch: rice + 150 g of stewed mushrooms + salad with fresh vegetables with olive oil dressing (teaspoon) + vegetable broth (200 ml).
- Dinner: boiled rice + steamed broccoli (150 g) + vegetable broth.
Gentle rice diet for 7 days
If you want to stay on a rice diet for more than 3 days, then you should choose a gentle option to get rid of excess weight. The program is designed for a week and involves eating other foods in addition to rice. This will make the diet more balanced and easier to tolerate food restrictions.
Rice needs to be cooked, its use in food can be combined with such a set of dishes as:
- Vegetable salads with herbs;
- Lean fish and meat;
- Fresh juices;
- Fresh fruits.
It is important to adhere to the following recommendations during the seven-day weight loss program:
- All meals should only be steamed or boiled.
- You need to eat at least 5-6 times a day. In this case, the portions should be small.
- Rice and fruit proportion: 0.5 kg to 0.2 kg. If you are hungry, then the amount of fruit can be increased to 0.5 kg.
- Do not add salt or other seasonings to rice.
Be sure to eat a product containing acid once a day. It can be orange, apple, lemon, berries.
- We must not forget about the sufficient intake of pure water into the body. You need to drink at least 2 liters of liquid per day. Green tea is also allowed, but it cannot be sweetened.
7 days menu
Breakfast. Boil 60 g of rice for breakfast. You can add lemon juice for flavor. For dessert one apple and green tea or herbal infusion.
Lunch. For lunch, broth and vegetable salad up to 150 g. And 60 g of boiled rice. For taste, you can add a teaspoon of vegetable oil and some herbs.
Dinner. For dinner, cook yourself a vegetable broth and boil 60 g of rice. Add vegetables such as carrots or steamed zucchini to the rice.
Breakfast. For breakfast 60 g of boiled rice with low-fat sour cream. And one grapefruit.
Lunch. For lunch, vegetable broth and 60 g of boiled rice. Boiled vegetables. Cook a double portion as the same will happen in the evening.
Dinner. For dinner the same as for lunch
The third day:
Breakfast. For breakfast, one pear and 60 g of boiled rice. Sprinkle cinnamon on the rice for flavor.
Lunch. For lunch, vegetable broth and 60 g of boiled rice. As well as fried mushrooms, no more than 150 g. Fried mushrooms in olive oil.
Dinner. For dinner, vegetable broth and 60 g of boiled rice and a portion of steamed broccoli.
Breakfast. For breakfast, fruit salad and 60 g of boiled rice with milk.
Lunch. On the first vegetable broth, on the second 60 g of boiled rice. Also steamed radishes and carrots.
Dinner. For dinner, vegetable salad and 60 g of boiled rice and some sunflower seeds.
The fifth day:
Breakfast. For breakfast 60 g of boiled rice with raisins. And half a glass of yogurt.
Lunch. For lunch, vegetable broth and 60 g of boiled rice with herbs. And some steamed vegetables.
Dinner. For dinner, vegetable broth and 60 g of boiled rice with crumbled walnuts and some steamed spinach.
Breakfast. For breakfast 60 g. Boiled rice with a few walnuts and fig berries. And one apple or pear.
Lunch. For lunch, vegetable broth and some raw vegetables and, of course, 60 g of boiled rice.
Dinner. For dinner, vegetable broth and 60 g of boiled rice. Add 1-2 tablespoons of sour cream to rice, as well as a couple of apples or pears.
Breakfast. For breakfast, 60 g of boiled rice and one apple or pear. For taste, you can add a little lemon juice or honey to the rice.
Lunch. For the first vegetable broth and 100 g of green salad. For the second 60 g of boiled rice. For dessert, steamed beans and tomatoes.
Dinner. For dinner, vegetable broth and 60 g of boiled rice with one teaspoon of olive oil. You can add a few olives and basil to the rice. For dessert, some steamed zucchini.
Easy rice diet for 9 days
The proposed diet option is one of the easiest and most effective. Those kilograms that you can get rid of in 9 days of the rice weight loss program will not return. The nine-day diet is fairly easy to carry over, as it cannot be called hungry.
The following foods are allowed during the slimming process:
- Low-fat fish.
Meat (beef and poultry).
- Fresh fruits. You cannot include only avocados, grapes and bananas on the menu.
- Breads and breads made from whole grain flour.
- Dried fruits.
In order for the diet to achieve the desired results, you need to adhere to the following recommendations:
- You need to eat about a pound of rice per day.
- The cereal is not salted and is not seasoned with anything.
- The total weight of additional products should not exceed half a kilo, 200 g of which are meat dishes.
- We must not forget about water.
A one-day 9-day rice diet menu might look like this:
- Breakfast: boiled rice with an apple.
- Lunch: rice and mushroom soup, cucumber and tomato salad with the addition of bell pepper.
- Dinner: boiled rice with beans and corn.
- You can have a snack throughout the day with fruits.
Menu for 9 days
- For breakfast: boiled rice + apple.
- For lunch: boiled rice + rye bread + vegetable salad + boiled turkey (150 g).
- For dinner: boiled rice + stewed vegetables.
- For breakfast: boiled rice + grapefruit.
- For lunch: boiled rice + a loaf of rye flour + vegetable salad + boiled fish (150 g).
- For dinner: boiled rice + vegetables.
- For breakfast: boiled rice + dried apricots.
- For lunch: boiled rice + vegetable lard + boiled beef (150 g).
- For dinner: boiled rice + vegetable broth + stewed vegetables.
- For breakfast: boiled rice + banana.
- For lunch: vegetable rice + rye bread + vegetable salad.
- For dinner: boiled rice + yogurt.
- For breakfast: boiled rice + prunes.
- For lunch: boiled rice + rye flour loaf + vegetable salad without oil + boiled chicken meat (150 g).
- For dinner: boiled rice + grapefruit + banana.
- For breakfast: boiled rice + raisins.
- For lunch: boiled rice + vegetable broth + boiled beef (150 g).
- For dinner: boiled rice + stewed vegetables + vegetable broth.
- For breakfast: boiled rice with cinnamon + walnuts + dates.
- For lunch: boiled rice + vegetable broth + boiled fish (150 g) + vegetable salad.
- For dinner: boiled rice + yogurt.
- For breakfast: boiled rice + dried fruits.
- For lunch: boiled rice + vegetable salad + vegetable broth + boiled fish (150 g) + rye flour loaf.
- For dinner: boiled rice + vegetable broth.
- For breakfast: boiled rice + orange.
- For lunch: boiled rice + vegetable broth + vegetable salad + boiled chicken (150 g).
- For dinner: boiled rice + boiled vegetables.
Rice diet options for weight loss and body detoxification
You don't have to stick to a long rice diet to lose weight and cleanse your body. An excellent result can be obtained by practicing rice fasting days. It is enough to choose a rice-based menu once a week to keep your figure in shape and cleanse the body of toxins. Nutritionists recommend using boiled rice, supplementing it with kefir, buckwheat, apples. Of course, we must not forget about the use of clean water in sufficient quantities.
Kefir-rice diet involves the use of cereals and fermented milk drink as the main food. You can supplement the menu with vegetables, fruits, lean fish or meat. The absolute prohibition includes salt, sugar, coffee. A rigid kefir-rice diet is not recommended for more than five days, but a soft diet can be stretched for two weeks.
If we consider the strict kefir-rice menu, then it involves the use of kefir with rice for breakfast, boiled rice with vegetable salad for lunch and kefir with rice for dinner.
If the choice was made on a sparing kefir-rice diet, then an approximate menu will look like this:
- Breakfast: kefir + fruits or berries (your choice: strawberry, apple, pear, grapefruit).
- Lunch: 100 g of boiled rice + 100 g of meat (you can use lean fish or seafood) + rye flour bread.
- Dinner: 100 rice porridge + lettuce.
- An hour before a night's rest, you can drink a glass of kefir or low-fat yogurt.
Rice and Apple Diet
Weight loss program based on rice and apples was created by nutritionist D. Kempner (England). It involves eating only green apples and rice. You need to eat these products for 3-5 days. Salt and spices are absolutely prohibited. However, cereals can be boiled in milk.
The menu for 1 day involves the use of a glass of boiled rice. The entire volume should be divided into several servings and eaten throughout the day.
Also, the daily diet includes 250 g of green apples, which can be eaten raw, or cooked into compote with the addition of dried fruits.
Buckwheat rice diet
A diet based on rice and buckwheat can last for 3-5 days. Experts advise sticking to a cereal-based menu either at the very beginning of the period of getting rid of extra pounds, or at the end of the weight loss process. This will give the body a “jolt” and speed up metabolism.
A balanced diet of the buckwheat-rice diet is as follows:
- Breakfast: green apple (2 pcs.).
- Snack: boiled buckwheat (4 tbsp. L) + vegetable oil (1 tbsp. L).
- Lunch: 5 tablespoons of boiled rice + nuts + lemon juice.
- Afternoon snack: vegetable salad.
- Dinner: 3 tablespoons of boiled rice + 100 g of steamed meat (chicken or lean fish fillet) + 100 cottage cheese with nuts.
Rice and honey diet
Rice with honey is good for the human body. All the medicinal qualities of rice are enhanced by this sweet addition to the menu. Honey allows you to enrich the body with minerals and vitamins, and also acts as a natural antidepressant. If rice strengthens the stool, then honey, on the contrary, gently regulates the intestines.
During the diet, it is important to eat only a natural product that does not contain harmful preservatives and has not been pasteurized. Be sure to have lemon juice in the daily menu, which, in combination with honey, will make it possible to speed up the fat burning process.
The menu assumes the use of the following products:
- You should boil half a kilo of rice, which is divided into 5 servings and eaten throughout the day.
- Every day you need to drink a honey-lemon drink (250 ml). To prepare it in a glass of warm water, dilute 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and honey.
Rice diet with chicken and vegetables for 9 days
One of the most correct and balanced diets is that weight loss program, the menu of which contains rice, chicken and vegetables. Throughout all 9 days, the body receives a sufficient amount of trace elements and vitamins to maintain normal life-supporting functions. You need to eat in small portions, the break between approaches to the table should be at least 2.5 hours. Dinner must take place no later than 19:00. If you adhere to such a weight loss program, you will be able not only to lose weight, but also to cleanse the body without harm to health.
The diet is as follows.
- From the first to the third day, they eat only boiled rice. A glass of cereal is eaten a day.
- From the third to the sixth day, you can only eat chicken, removing the skin from it. You can eat up to 1 kg of chicken meat per day.
- From the sixth to the ninth day, you can only eat vegetables. It is allowed to eat up to 800 g of various vegetables per day. They cannot be pickled or salted.
Geisha diet on brown rice and green tea
The figures of geisha have always been slender and stately. Therefore, it is not surprising that women around the world are eager to learn the secret of their perfection. Moreover, geishas manage to keep their magnificent forms until the end of their lives. This is possible thanks to the diet, which is built on a menu of brown rice and green tea. It is worth considering that the geisha diet is not suitable for women with a weak body, or with insufficient willpower.
You can use only brown cereals and green tea. All other products are prohibited. The diet can last from 3 days to a week. The specific period largely depends on the endurance of a losing weight woman and on the state of her body.
The menu is structured as follows:
- In the morning you need to drink 0.5 liters of green tea, to which you can add a little milk with a low percentage of fat.
- At lunch, they eat 250 mg of brown rice and again drink 0.5 liters of green tea.
- For dinner, the lunch menu is repeated.
Rules for exiting the rice diet
The rice diet will allow you not to gain extra pounds after its completion only if you get out of it correctly.
To do this, the following recommendations must be observed:
- New products should be introduced into the menu gradually and one at a time. The serving size should be small.
- The menu should not contain a lot of salt or sugar. Later than the rest, you need to introduce meat dishes and milk.
- Do not lean on fatty, fried or flour foods. It is better to refuse such dishes altogether.
- You need to drink plenty of water, even after the rice diet is complete. This will keep the metabolism at the proper level.
Not everyone can stick to a rice diet.
Such a weight loss program is contraindicated in the presence of the following diseases:
- Diseases of the digestive system.
- Renal failure
- Heart failure.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Constipation tendency.
You can not practice the rice diet for pregnant and lactating women, as well as during the recovery period after suffering colds.
Cons of a rice diet
The rice diet has certain disadvantages. Most often, it causes constipation, which occurs in almost every person losing weight on this croup. To avoid this problem, nutritionists recommend drinking laxative teas. However, they also have some contraindications and do not always cope with the task assigned to them.
If you stick to a rice diet for too long, then a jump in insulin in the blood is possible, which is also a negative point.
Besides the fact that rice absorbs toxic substances, it simultaneously removes calcium from the body.
Salting rice is not allowed, so the taste of the main course will be dim. Due to the fact that salt does not enter the body, fluid will leave it. Therefore, you should not completely abandon salt. Otherwise, problems with the heart and blood vessels may occur.
Nutritionists are unequivocally convinced that a rice diet is a great way to cleanse the body of harmful substances and lose weight. However, so that the lost kilograms do not come back, you need to move as much as possible. It's good if you have the opportunity to go in for sports, fitness, dance, visit the pool. This will keep your muscles toned and energized.
Studies have found that a rigid mono-rice diet that lasts for 2 or more days leads to various health problems. In particular, the body has increased levels of cortisol (stress hormone), which negatively affects endurance. Moreover, almost all those losing weight note a deterioration in general health, the occurrence of headaches and fainting conditions.
To support your body, it is recommended to consume 2 mg of fish oil every day. This will compensate for the deficiency of Omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. You can also take additional vitamin and mineral complexes during the diet, which will replenish the reserves of nutrients and allow you to maintain the normal salt balance of the body cells.
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
Education: Diploma of the Russian State Medical University named after NI Pirogov with a degree in General Medicine (2004). Residency at Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, diploma in Endocrinology (2006).
Popular by topic
Honey, lemon and garlic, a recipe for cleaning blood vesselsIf you combine honey, lemon and garlic together, then you will be able to create a remedy that is unique in its effectiveness. All components are perfectly combined and complementary with each other
The benefits and harms of kombucha, how to grow it and how to care for itKombucha, aka Japanese or jellyfish mushroom, was brought to Russia by soldiers after the Russo-Japanese War. It is one of the best remedies for treating liver and gallbladder diseases
Blood sugar rateBlood glucose is a sugar that is carried by the bloodstream to all cells in the body to supply them with energy. The body regulates blood glucose levels so that they remain moderate: enough to fuel cells, but not enough to overload blood flow
General urine analysis: norm and interpretation of resultsUrine is a biological fluid, the end result of the natural process of human life. It is formed in the kidneys in two complex stages: glomerular filtration and reabsorption of water in the renal tubules
Analysis of feces for dysbiosis: interpretation of the resultsIn the intestines of an adult, an average of 2.5 to 3.5 kg of various bacteria live. The combination of these microorganisms is called microflora, and our health and well-being directly depends on the ratio of the number of its individual representatives